MORPHIUS -2009 Mod Contest Entry-finished BRODER

MACIEL BARRETO

I am grateful for the hope that in the last post of my casemod, you enjoy it very much because Morphius was one of the most beautiful cases that I created, by the end of the month you will see how it will stay, every detail that made a casemod Morphius icon

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your base is fiberglass reinforced (2 layers atleast) your threaded bar (3/8" or more??) should hold up fine as long as it is more or less balanced. I hope you applied fiberglass on both sides of the base, otherwise you outer washer will begin to eat into the clay. Three legs are not the stablest especially if you have a high center of gravity. I would suppose that your heaviest components will go in that base (power source, hard drive). Flex from the legs should not be a problem.

Cheers

in fact it is all done in glass fiber is the only clay modeling ways to do with fiber, and are four legs to support the entire body with 3 layers of fiberglass, but all hardware will be distributed in whole body , with the full balance casemod.

37699120.jpg

Here's now to get an idea of how Morphius will be ready after this piece is already painted with automotive paint and varnish bi-component, created a painting with a dirty style to the printing of wear and that was in really Morphius a battle.

I did some electrical installations can install the driver for the fans and put a round piece of acrylic down the basis for creating an effect of neon with a red LED

ways is to play in CLAY silicone and then several layers of plaster to give support to the silicone that is booting, it is a simple but slow, with a wealth of detail that the piece is made with glass fiber.

here already with this layer of plaster to maintain at that time I'm removing the mass for the withdrawal form to produce parts that will be the structure of Morphius

I'm sorry I didn't ask you before, but could you give me another explanation as to what you did? I too work fiberglass and epvc (expanded pvc sheeting) but the wording doesn't make much sense (are you using a translator like Googles'). If you use a normal and simple wording, there is a better chance of the translator working more adequately.

Did you make a mold (the plaster)? And what is the silicon for? Fiberglass does not follow small detail, wanting to straighten out unless you use a very thin matting but thin matting has no strength. I would appreciate you explanation to clarify &, of course I could learn from you.

Thanks for any help you can shed on me.

Cheers

Really dear friend I'm using a translator such as Google, and the explanation is really confusing at times. kkkkk

Well talking about the piece, I model in clay, then dump on top of silicon clay, so the silicone will copy all the details of the model, creating a form. After ready so I just put several layers of resin to copy all the details, after putting pieces of glass fiber to support the play.

just after the finish on the parts!

hopefully you understand I am using Google Translate,

Also, I love this mod, but could you also post Portuguese language caption as well as English? We will call on some of our Brazil friends from Cooler Master Brazil office to translate daily. That would add more enjoyment to the readers, we could do this! :mrgreen:

Archived