PROJECT LUNAR SERENITY - CM 2009 Modding Contest - Completed

asgneto

Updating ...

- Assembly of the side panels ...

As reported since the beginning of the project, the side panels of the case will be divided into 2 parts allowing easier access to the hardware.

To enable this assembly, I need to make use of "supports" at the bigger piece so that the smallest part does not come loose.

This "support", is essential for this unusual assembly, were disguised as trim, or details, that have aesthetic and functional uses.

Below, photos of the right side panel ... Note the parts of blue acrylic (installed inside) and the "LS" (installed outside) that achieve these functions.

They are mounted to prevent the crystal acrylic (part of the side that seems empty) to move out or into the side of the case.

LUNAR375.jpg

LUNAR376.jpg

LUNAR377.jpg

LUNAR378.jpg

In detail ...

Notice that the side is left down the case, making a skirt of 1cm to hide part of casters, the blue Cold Cathode and inverter and the on/off switches.

LUNAR380.jpg

LUNAR381.jpg

Note1.: The pictures had their background changed with the filter "stamp" in Photoshop to hide the mess of my yard.

The part showing the case has not been edited.

Note 2: the sides are not ready ... has two more details that are not in the photos and will be keeped for the final photos.

- Test light (part 2) ...

A new test light to check the changes made and the effect on the side panels.

1) Only the white fans lit (NEW MOON):

LUNAR382.jpg

LUNAR383.jpg

LUNAR384.jpg

2) The white fans and a blue CCFL installed under the case (FIRST QUARTER) :

LUNAR385.jpg

LUNAR386.jpg

LUNAR387.jpg

LUNAR388.jpg

LUNAR389.jpg

3) The white fans and LEDs (LAST QUARTER) :

LUNAR390.jpg

LUNAR391.jpg

LUNAR392.jpg

LUNAR393.jpg

4) All lit: fans, CCFL and LEDs (FULL MOON) :

LUNAR394.jpg

LUNAR395.jpg

LUNAR396.jpg

LUNAR397.jpg

BONUS ...

My case in final assembly and my greatest treasure: my 7 years old daughter .

She is already following in the footsteps of his father and loves to make mods on toys, bike, helmet and so on. hehehehehehehe

LUNAR398.jpg

LUNAR399.jpg

For those who want more photos...

I already have another update almost done. Just translate the text and upload pictures.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why hide the yard? It is part of Asgneto Mod Industries! Imagine me hiding my mess, heheh! And a successor, Kudos! Good for the hobby and much better looking than the old man (kidding, but you are getting up there). :wink:

Only need to see all that impressive hardware in the L.Serenity to cap it off! Will be waiting forward to those pics. Me? in my final assembly, I am finding all the "little" details and have to solve them, but the the 30th is it!

Cheers and Saludos

Why hide the yard? It is part of Asgneto Mod Industries! Imagine me hiding my mess, heheh! And a successor, Kudos! Good for the hobby and much better looking than the old man (kidding, but you are getting up there). :wink:

Only need to see all that impressive hardware in the L.Serenity to cap it off! Will be waiting forward to those pics. Me? in my final assembly, I am finding all the "little" details and have to solve them, but the the 30th is it!

Cheers and Saludos

The dependencies of Asgneto Mod Industries is only my workshop ...

The backyard still belongs to my parents and was temporarily invaded to enjoy the sun that was great and get a tan. 8)

I'm finishing up the pieces of LUNAR to publish the final photos but I still have 2 important hardware items in the mail services that I am still waiting for delivere.

That's why I'm delaying the closing of the project.

I'm following silently almost all projects of the CM Forum, especially yours UFO.

I haven't posted regularly because I'm often too busy with the Brazilians forums that I also participate.

To begin, a fast correction of a small defect pointed out by a friend ...

One detail, though almost imperceptible to the naked eye, was evident in two photographs that had options logo to the front of the case.

After checking what was causing this "detail" in the photos, I realized that there was little difference between the acrylic and plastic cover that at certain angles allow the passage of direct light.

What to do to solve the problem ?!?!? Do all the finishing again.

Briefly ... Ripped off the acrylic, sanded, applied bondo and ...

LUNAR402.jpg

LUNAR403.jpg

As you can see, no light leaking through the edges of acrylic this time...

LUNAR400.jpg

LUNAR401.jpg

Another simple mod, but totally necessary ... Replacing the black fan of the PSU for a fan with white LEDs.

I could not leave the PSU with that big ugly black fan will be displayed inside the white case, right?

LUNAR404.jpg

But what seemed to be a simple mod has been a small problem ...

The fan with white LEDs did not run when connected directly to the power connector at the PSU.

LUNAR405.jpg

LUNAR406.jpg

Reading the manual, I discovered that the PSU varies the fan voltage between 4v and 13v in accordance with the internal temperature.

As a fan with LEDs is not able to run with such a low voltage, I had to choose between put back the black fan or put the power cord from the fan with white LED out of the PSU.

Won the wire out option ... hehehehehehe

LUNAR407.jpg

LUNAR408.jpg

LUNAR409.jpg

LUNAR410.jpg

Finally, I tried all the logo options suggested by readers of my log in the forums of Brazil and international ... Look at the results:

LUNAR411.jpg

LUNAR412.jpg

LUNAR413.jpg

LUNAR414.jpg

LUNAR415.jpg

LUNAR416.jpg

The final choice was one of the suggestions received from some of you:

LUNAR417.jpg

THANKS FOR PARTICIPATION!

More news tomorrow ...

Really clean work,, I love the color scheme, both on and off, I think you did a great job with the sleeveing and the change of the colors of the LED's

Quote "Overall this is a kick*** product" end Quote (Rodney Reynolds, 3dgameman) :D

Archived