Satella (Hybrid Scrap Satellite) 2009 Mod Entry - Completed

sunnyXtremist

well done outstanding work love it i really do also like what you put on your door lol :D
sir sunny! as i expected its a masterpiece! more power! pinoy pride! :D

Thanks Sir nicky_82uk and Sir Acid_EyEz, I really enjoy what i am doing, that's the only secret I can reveal!

Yes that notice was intended for every visitor at my place to refrain from talking, just to watch what i am doing...yesterday and the other day was a very busy days.

Great advances Sensei sunny. I know (I think) that you wanted a little more time because, as any real modder, the final touch can always be improved and a little extra time is always welcome (10 days is not that much for some, but not that little for others).

The clip for the grill was masterful to gain access to the inside. Small but significant. Kudos! (I bet you thought no one was seeing that, heheh).

And don't worry about your camera again, it takes fine shoots and puts to shame a lot of others (including me) who have "better" cameras (mine is a cheapy tho). I learned in my forum from a member who took his photos with a cell phone camera (not very advanced and pretty inexpensive), it is not the camera equipment, it is the photographer. Great photos IMO because they are relevant, timely and precise. A conscientious modder will ALWAYS get more out of something, even if modest! And you are proof. A lot of members from my forum can learn a lot from you and your example and your great attitude. Kudos!

Just to keep up with you, I have to get my led kit fixed, see what you do to some of us? :wink:

Cheers and Saludos

COming up: Will answer this very nice and inspiring messages of Sir PaPang...

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The system inside Satella is being tested thoroughly for about 18 hours(including nighttime of DLBitorrent and Perfectworld game),

before installing completely all parts for final pictorials. (monitored to have Processor temp of a stable 43deg at 2820rpm Aero 4 speed)

2525865960053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

2477734490053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

2390744160053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

2263113380053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

2207809790053927514S600x600Q85.jpg

with Blue/Red blinking police light

Satella's blinking red/blue Led power indicator, frontstand hole and Aero 4 speed controller

Three modded CoolerMaster Fans in action, installed Bluetooth blinking inside

Here inside the Poorman's rig

P4 Mobo with SATA, Audio builtin

Celeron® CPU 2.00 GHz

1MB Ram

Inno3D AGP 128 Videocard

160MB IDE Hard Disk Seagate

Generic 550w power supply iMasterPro

Generic USB mouse, keyboard, bluetooth, etc.

AOC 2217v

A working mod! Kudos sunny.

One day to go and you are about to finish as calculated. Precise in everything.

Cheers and Saludos

I still have to answer your post up there!!! Thanks again Sir PaPang...

yup, I think with that simple hardware setup like mine, and a very user friendly CoolerMaster Aero 4 HSF nothing will go wrong. I can only say CM fans are quiet!!!

I went on a blitz mode that's why I hit the target, what is harder to accept is that I am the only one with the mod that need a stand, and I still mod it!!!

I think the extension of submission is innevitable, it's both fair if the answer is Yes or No (but I answer No). I'll just go with the water current and if still have more days to do more tricks with this Satella mod. Ok I promise you that I will make the Ferriswheel since I have acquired 1 pc of clear CM casefan 120mm. I am also to change the painted UV green mod of the solarpanel into a real UV green acrylic plus 2 UV CCFL, and as well as mod an ATX PSU 350w for the fans and lights controller. Well, I am ready to have my pictorial tomorrow but since it will be majority vote saying Yes on an Extension, I'll just do it later on the last part of Sept. 2009 (I hope I understand that extension clearly).

Cheer and Saludos too!

Great advances Sensei sunny. I know (I think) that you wanted a little more time because, as any real modder, the final touch can always be improved and a little extra time is always welcome (10 days is not that much for some, but not that little for others).

The clip for the grill was masterful to gain access to the inside. Small but significant. Kudos! (I bet you thought no one was seeing that, heheh).

And don't worry about your camera again, it takes fine shoots and puts to shame a lot of others (including me) who have "better" cameras (mine is a cheapy tho). I learned in my forum from a member who took his photos with a cell phone camera (not very advanced and pretty inexpensive), it is not the camera equipment, it is the photographer. Great photos IMO because they are relevant, timely and precise. A conscientious modder will ALWAYS get more out of something, even if modest! And you are proof. A lot of members from my forum can learn a lot from you and your example and your great attitude. Kudos!

Just to keep up with you, I have to get my led kit fixed, see what you do to some of us? :wink:

Cheers and Saludos

Good Morning Sir PaPang,

Not me...a Sensei, it's us like a group of teachers/professors with different style and subjects. As an example, I am not afraid of making many Led pop out exploding because I am an electronic person and been dealing with popping Led since my younger days(of course accidental, sometime intentional), it might be experiences too...and you, I might ask you one day to teach me the best way to cook an even powerful fiberglass layers...

An extra 10days, yes I already accepted that in my mind!!! I Voted NO for that, hehehe. Seriously speaking - I was very religious to go on head to head with a small amount of time and picked up an obnoxious looking bucket to represent me (it might have been a disaster if it didn't work for me seriously). It was me against me, I always run away happy when I promise!!! Really, Sept. 18 12noon is my promised deadline. As I am ready to have the pictorials here and Len want me to wear this wear that excellent looking dress, put that, this on the table etc, etc...?1 - What? I should look like an Xtremist wahhhhh joke. I was in a hurry to pack things up because I have many pending works to attend now!!! they gave me deadlines too!!!

The extension will make a more and better mod that what we have at this moment, so cheers and salutes, let's continue a nice friendly community of modders here! Yes, I am thinking of adding still more bag of magic! But please as what slipperyskip and me want to convey a message to other contestant - submit a complete mod.

The clip I made, it's not original because I saw the very same clipping style on one of the container here at home, but it dearly work for that matter!!!

You are quite correct about taking photos, It's inside the eye of the photographer, a +100 for that!!! (remember, the other reason that I refrain from joining was about a camera problem, that I can't make a good worklog with my 6630 mobile... well, I defy my mentality again... The answer of Sir yAu was a GO signal for me...

Aha, now you are having a Led kit ha,,, we have a kind of Led here in the market that blinks (kinda useful like the one I have red/blue police light), in my next mod, on which I might post it here CoolerMaster Forum in the future (this place is like another home to me) involve that Aurora Boriales kind of light (watch out for that)-the acrylic will definely be an Aurora Boriales lightshow.

Note: before you use your LEDs, check them one by one with a VOM (volt-ohm-meter) on the +1 ohm, remove those not so bright one coz that will give you a problem when it goes with a series circuit. Have a breadboard to test it (series or parallel) and have a burn-in test for sometime while checking the bleeding resistor temp occassionally.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Note: before you use your LEDs, check them one by one with a VOM (volt-ohm-meter) on the +1 ohm, remove those not so bright one coz that will give you a problem when it goes with a series circuit. Have a breadboard to test it (series or parallel) and have a burn-in test for sometime while checking the bleeding resistor temp occassionally.

Another sunny pearl of knowledge! Thanks and for that IMO, I call you Sensei. (you suspect my weak spot is electricals--you are right, the last week has me stuck in this, sigh....).

I owe more comments but I found out that 1 in 5 leds are failing on me. Bought them cheap but it is causing me head aches, so everyone (sunny must know for sure), DO NOT go cheap on leds (or resistors too), you will be sorry!

Cheers and Saludos

WOW

Thanks Sir pc21 (WOW is for World Of Warcraft) joke!!!

Another sunny pearl of knowledge! Thanks and for that IMO, I call you Sensei. (you suspect my weak spot is electricals--you are right, the last week has me stuck in this, sigh....).

I owe more comments but I found out that 1 in 5 leds are failing on me. Bought them cheap but it is causing me head aches, so everyone (sunny must know for sure), DO NOT go cheap on leds (or resistors too), you will be sorry!

Cheers and Saludos

Yes Sir PaPang, that was my case sometime in 2006 when I grab lots of inexpensive LEDs for commercial consumption but bounce back at me when customers complain on 1 or 2 or 3 LEDs changes characteristics so easily. They are QI Lot rejects from LED semiconductor factory that are intended to be destroyed immediately (but were pulled out by people who want to add some bucks and sell to pirate market). You can still use them effectively provided that you have it working on the 5 volts rail (single with a 200ohms resistor or 2 of them in series with 1-10ohms resistor ( and remember that with the PSU wires, use your VOM - red and yellow are your handy 7volts rail (red as ground point) but not recommended for usual circuitry). White, UV, Green, Pink and Blue are the sturdy type and can handle high 4.7v still but 3.6V will be ideal, Red, Orange, Yellow, Amber and others are the easily breakable (popper) type that goes only up to high 3volts. I know you are using Metku Led calculator (recommended), I am referring the voltages on the average (the cheap and expensive one).

Don't worry, Led light is really a wonder... It will change eventually our household lighting!!!

Archived