Project: AVIA Firecar-CM 2009 Modding Contest entry-COMPLETE

Zbysek

Category: Unique

Usable hardware: Pentium D 930, Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4, 2GB Kingmax 800MHz DDR2, GigaByte MAYA GV-NX76T256D-RH 256MB, WD CAVIAR 640GB AAKS, Lite-On iHas120, Enermax Liberty 500W

01.jpg

CM hardware: CM GeminII + 4x fans R4-S2S-12AK-GP

02.jpg

This project is a miniature of a truck Avia DA-12 used by some fire brigade departments. It is reduced to a scale of 1:8 and is an exact replica of one used by our local fire department.

05.jpg

06.jpg

The whole construction has been made by myself in my small workshop at home with the use of a vice. I used 1.3 mm thick sheets of steel. These were welded into the basic shape of the Avia truck, consisting of the cab and the rear body. The main tools used for this proces were the grinder and welder. All this was carefully watched by our dog Max.

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

When the basic construction was complete I could start to carve the necessary openings. A lid was attached to the rear body of the truck, where the hardware would be placed later. I have also made doors for the cab and the rear body and attached all of this to the undercarriage.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I then welded all the relevant external details, which were made of steel onto the outside of the truck. After which I started with the plastic accessories consisting of plastic tabs, step lights and a milled front grill. A fuel tank was created, this will be used to contain the DVD drive.

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

To ensure adequate cooling and air flow, I carved openings shaped as flames on the front side of the structure, which were hidden under the air intake fans.

At this time everything was put together and then the filling and grinding of the structure started, giving it a smooth finish.

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Followed by using some spray filler, smoothing everything under water and applying the final coat of colour RAL 3000th.

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Really great object mod project! Kudos on the metal work of the truck which shows meticulous planning and detail. Looking forward to the internals to fully appreciate, but no doubt, great job up to now.

Am a little surprised that you entered so late in the contest. Anyways, good luck!

Cheers and Saludos

Thanks guys!

I'm from Czech Republic - small country in Central Europe . Work with stell is my hobby and so use him on modding.

So, next episode :)

After thorough drying and hardening of the sprayed coat I decorated some parts of the truck with stickers and adjusted the wheels.

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

Dashboard from plastic material and extensit opening roof from balsa.

48.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

49.jpg

Handle from plexiglass milling.

52.jpg

53.jpg

Archived