Project: Shady Cove

coolmiester

Well its that time again to start another build log but before getting the tools and paint out i thought it would be an idea to have a closer look at the hardware being used and get the system up and running on the bench over the Xmas period as its not the usual run of the mill hardware and well worth a post on its own.

I've always tried to come up with something a little exotic in terms of hardware and as i got hooked on dual processor boards a few years back with the Tyan K8WE and Tiger and more recently a few Skulltrail systems i obviously jumped at the chance when Intel offered their latest dual CPU S5520SC platform.

I've had excellent previous experience with Skulltrail and Smackover systems so can't wait to get to grips with this monster they call Shady Cove and just hope i can build a case to do it justice.

A few bits of kit will change along the way as and when new products hit the market but the basic hardware will remain as is from the offset though i'll be adding a couple of new SSD's come January courteous of Kingston who have also supplied 12GB of server class ECC memory and still not totally sure on graphic cards but first and foremost is getting the system up and running on air with what i have so i'll update with pictures asap.

The mod will be loosely based on a Windows 7 theme but more to come on that later so please be patient as this may take some time

Parts list so far:

Intel S5520SC Shady Cove

Kingston 12GB KVR1333D3D8R9SK3/6GI Memory

Kingston SSD's

GTX 295's

Coolermaster Case (not sure which just yet)

Coolermaster UCP Ultimate 1100 PSU

Hardware Labs SR-1 240 & 360 X-Flow

Sponsors Include:

Coolermaster

Intel

Kingston Technology

HWLabs

coolermaster_logo.jpg intel_logo.jpg

kingston_logo.jpg

hwlabs_logo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived