Cooler Master HAF Case Mod

MonsterMawd

I'm continuing with more case mods performed to the HAF 922 I won in Cooler Master's 2009 Case Mod Competition. I will be customizing the front bezel for 2x 120mm intakes

HAF922z_window_mnpctech.com4.jpg

I have shown you how to install your own Cooler Master HAF window

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9j.jpg

I'm using paper to make a template for 2x 120mm front intake plate.

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9k.jpg

Tracking template onto 1/8" thick aluminum sheet.

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9l.jpg

I used a Jigsaw with 18 TPI metal cutting blade to cut the design. I will refine and finish the cuts with a hand file later.

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9n.jpg

The 1/8" thick aluminum won't fit in my bending brake, so I used my bench vise to bend the aluminum.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've attached the new bezel plate on with pop rivets.

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9x.jpg

Overkill "Nautilus" 120mm fan grills, http://www.mnpctech.com/120mm_Overkill_Fan_Grills.html

120mm_fan_grill_overkill_nautilus_mnpctech.com1.jpg

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9y.jpg

In order to use the Knock-out punch, you need to drill a 2" pilot hole.

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9v.jpg

Greenlee Knock out Punches

Greenlee part # 730EBB-120 Last time I inquired, they were around $450 in the states + Large 3/4" socket wrench, and 2" socket. I wouldn't use anything less than 19" long socket wrench. Estimated purchase price of $550 new.

SilentSwing9dtool.jpg

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9s.jpg

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9u.jpg

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9z.jpg

The tentative color scheme for this case will be Grey Steel and Weathered.. Thinkin heavy industrial theme with Sci-Fi twist...maybe..havent decided yet

Heres the link for the Nautilus Grills at Xoxide (1/2" thick cnc milled pron)

http://www.xoxide.com/newproducts.html

Performance-Pcs, both have Black anodized versions as well.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36_91_710

Wow nice.. I am soo looking forward to get this thing finished...

Hey are you planning to mod such for ATCS840?? I wanna add front fan to my ATCS840 but I don't wanna use the adapter that mismatch the bezel...need to look professional.

Yea...I saw your mod for District 9. You are a Rockstar. I have seen all the mods but I prefer to see yours in the first place.

I just want to add front fan to my drive bezels..but need some idea to it... I wan't it to match the entire case...not looking to mod the whole case.. :)

By the way when are you planning for District 13 mod... 8)

Archived