Cooler Master HAF Case Mod

MonsterMawd

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assembly started with the HD cages, I/O covers, custom feet and 140mm fan

stompfest.HAF922a.jpg

stompfest.HAF922b.jpg

Dusted the tops of the feet from 20" away with Black Self-etching primer...

stompfest.HAF922c.jpg

Painted the 140mm fan grill.. should have done same effect, looking at it now.. oh welly!

I really liked the speckled paint effect on the feet, so I'm repeating it on the rear 120mm Nautilus rear fan grill, http://www.mnpctech.com/120mm_Overkill_Fan_Grills.html

120mm_fan_grill_overkill_nautilus_mnpctech.com1.jpg

I masked off the face of the Nautilus grill, then painted the inner walls of the openings with Black self etching primer. flipped it over, and painted the backside as well.

stompfest.HAF922d.jpg

stompfest.HAF922e.jpg

I then removed the masking tape and held the can roughly 16" away from the grill and sprayed the perimeter of it. This is how you achieve the speckled paint effect.

stompfest.HAF922f.jpg

stompfest.HAF922g.jpg

stompfest.HAF922h.jpg

stompfest.HAF922i.jpg

The exterior is getting painted the sample I posted earlier, Silver Grey Metallic. I applied Matte Clear over the primer on the chassis.

Here is the XIGMATEK XLF-F1254 120mm White LED Case Fans. These are rated 1500 RPM @ 61 CFM. Noise level is 20 dbA

stompfest.HAF922j.jpg

stompfest.HAF922k.jpg

Archived