SR-2 STACKER - Winner of 2011 Coolermaster Comp

coolmiester

Some serious cooling needed for this EVGA SR-2 board and although the 840 is a pretty big case it was obviously going to be to small for 3 loops so lets get "stacking"

Anyway, i was looking at my separates under the TV and liked how they stacked with the round silver feet showing in between so decided to do something similar with the two 840's and make a stacked rad box to fit on top.

I'm thinking a couple of EK 480 radiators up top - one for the CPU's and one for the full board block and and a couple of MIP's RAM Freezers.

I'm removing the hard drive caddy from the main 840 and will be mounting two EK 240's there for the graphics cards.

So, i did a bit of a crude mock up with bits of chewing gum just to see how things look

MINI 840 anyone :D

sr-2_840_2.jpg

sr-2_840_3.jpg

sr-2_840_4.jpg

sr-2_840_5.jpg

sr-2_840_6.jpg

sr-2_840_7.jpg

sr-2_840_8.jpg

sr-2_840_9.jpg

sr-2_840_10.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I hadn't planned on using either Phobya radiators or fans but when a friend at Aquatuning UK saw the prod log on Bit-Tech and suggested i give them a go, plus the fans fit in perfectly with the colour scheme, who was i to argue. So hats off to both Aquatuning and Phobya for getting involved in this mod.

13x Phobya Nano-G 12 PWM LED Silent Waterproof 1500rpm

13x Phobya 4Pin PWM extension 30cm - black

2x Phobya G-Changer 240 Black

2x Phobya G-Changer 480 Ver. 1.2 Black

2x Phobya Radiator Stand - black - Quad - 4x120mm

Still waiting on blocks but before i get the 480 rads mounted in the rad box, i'm going to do some simple testing to see which way is best for airflow etc but they do fit perfectly :bounce:

phobya_1.jpg

phobya_2.jpg

phobya_3.jpg

phobya_4.jpg

phobya_5.jpg

phobya_6.jpg

phobya_7.jpg

phobya_8.jpg

phobya_9.jpg

Big thanks to Michael at MIP's for getting me the SR-2 blocks along with a couple of HK3's and RAM Freezers.

I pre-ordered some M3 stand-off along with some M3 Hex bolts so could go ahead and mount the HK3's using the standard SR-2 back plates so couldn't resist to do a dry run to see how things look :)

mips_1.jpg

mips_2.jpg

mips_3.jpg

mips_4.jpg

mips_5.jpg

mips_6.jpg

mips_7.jpg

mips_8.jpg

mips_9.jpg

I'm trying to keep components separate so at least both CPU's will end up being roughly the same temps which would be better when overclocking so i'm thinking three loops like this....

1x 480 rads for CPU's

1x 480 rads for MB and RAM Blocks

2x 240 rads for GPU's

I think that should be plenty

I've used red, blue and green so its easier to pick each loop out but i won't be going with those colours :)

sr2_hose.jpg

Three Kazemaster fan controllers turned up for the rad box so time to make a bezel to hold them.

Just wish they had turned up earlier so i could have got them all mounted but ran out of time so one down, two to go and at least the weather is going to hold out all weekend so more to come over the next few days.

bezel_1.jpg

bezel_2.jpg

bezel_3.jpg

bezel_4.jpg

bezel_5.jpg

bezel_6.jpg

bezel_7.jpg

bezel_8.jpg

bezel_9.jpg

Fret Saw with piercing 12 x 32tpi blades :)

bezel_10.jpg

bezel_11.jpg

Finished the bezel for the rad box which worked out good even though there is a few slight imperfection - fan controllers are just stuck in with Blu Tack for the time being and the whole thing still needs powder coated and painted but that's it pretty much done :)

bezel_12.JPG

bezel_14.JPG

bezel_15.JPG

bezel_16.JPG

bezel_17.JPG

bezel_18.JPG

bezel_19.JPG

bezel_20.JPG

bezel_21.jpg

• 1 month later...

My apologies for the delay on this and should get back on track after Multiplay LAN at the weekend ;)

Massive thanks to Vincent at Bitspower who shares the same birthday as me :thumb:

bitspower_carbon_1.jpg

Got the extended motherboard tray all made up and added the rails for it to slide in and out but took photos with wrong WB and they came out crap so i'll have to take more pictures once it stops raining.

Also the front bezel SR-2 logo which i did have the correct setting on the camera and added some scrap red plexi behind but the plan is to fill up the logo with red Crystal Resin so its flush and light it from behind.

logo_1.jpg

logo_2.jpg

Archived