SR-2 STACKER - Winner of 2011 Coolermaster Comp

coolmiester

Got the top hand made bezel fitted to the top chassis with the power / reset and LEDs all mounted and grill installed.

Best part of the day though was hose routing both the motherboard / RAM loop and the CPU loop - both turned out really well considering the amount of hose involved so only the GPU loop to do which is pretty straight forward but still waiting on cards to turn up :shock: but apart from that, i seem to be making good progress :)

hose_1.jpg

hose_2.jpg

hose_3.jpg

hose_4.jpg

hose_5.jpg

hose_6.jpg

hose_7.jpg

hose_8.jpg

hose_9.jpg

hose_10.jpg

hose_11.jpg

hose_12.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got to give my friends at EVGA a massive shout for getting me some graphics cards out at such short notice :hello1:

They are the EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Hydro Copper FTW which fill up the SR-2 board real nice.

I'm just not sure if the Coolermaster 1200 PSU will be able to handle all four cards and as the chassis needs to be starting it journey to CeBit this weekend i simply won't have time to test so not sure what to do for the best.

I think the best thing to do is install them all and sort it out when it gets back home as it won’t be running anything on the booth, just sitting there looking pretty.

Looks very nice though 8)

evga_hydro_quad_sli_1.jpg

evga_hydro_quad_sli_2.jpg

evga_hydro_quad_sli_3.jpg

evga_hydro_quad_sli_4.jpg

evga_hydro_quad_sli_5.jpg

Sorry, i couldn't resist but don't they look nice with Carbon Bitspower connectors :lol:

evga_hydro_quad_sli_6.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently had a couple of systems on show at Multiplay Insomnia i43 so just thought i'd post some pictures :)

Without a doubt, the funniest thing of the whole weekend was Mick of Mayhem Dyes adding a little blue dye to Tiny Tom Logan’s apprentice can of beer while he was at the toilet and he honestly didn’t have a clue while getting these picture taken..........that was just comedy gold that was

sr-2_spec.jpg

skull_spec.jpg

i43_1.jpg

i43_2.jpg

i43_3.jpg

i43_4.jpg

i43_5.jpg

i43_7.jpg

i43_8.jpg

i43_6.jpg

i43_9.jpg

i43_10.jpg

i43_11.jpg

i43_12.jpg

i43_13.jpg

i43_14.jpg

i43_15.jpg

i43_20.jpg

i43_21.jpg

i43_26.jpg

i43_27.jpg

• 2 years later...

Oh, hello old friend.............its time for us to get reacquainted with some nice shiny new hardware for Multiplay i50 in November but first of all, a complete strip down and a nice soapy bath :occasion7:

Yes, given the new HAF Stacker is about to hit the shelves which to me looks extremely this mod, i decided to play fairy god mother and allow the original old girl to go to the ball :bounce:

Soon as i saw the new HAF Stacker i was like :pale:

Cooler-Master-HAF-Stacker.jpg

840_sr-2_26.jpg

......but anyway, a good wash behind the ears and it's ready to build back up :cheers:

sr-2_new_1.jpg

I decided ditch the Koolance Bay-Res's and grab a couple of Monsoon Series Two Basic Dual Drive Bay Reservoirs as i'm making my own front bezel so these were the better option, along with a couple of Red Fitting Kits from Specialtech so they fit in with the overall black / red theme and i have to say, i wasn't disappointed as they really are a nice quality bit of kit and look spot on with the contrasting red hardware :cool-new:

The only problem was that i really wanted the red aluminium D5 pump covers on Monsoon Premium to really finish off the job properly so contacted Monsoon direct and fingers crossed, i should hopefully have a couple before i start adding liquid to the system.

I also swapped out the previous radiators and added a couple of XSPC EX240's for the GPU loop.

But anyway, today was all about test fitting and seeing if i could remember how this thing went back together but so far so good :highly_amused:

sr-2_2000.jpg

sr-2_2001.jpg

sr-2_2002.jpg

sr-2_2003.jpg

sr-2_2004.jpg

sr-2_2005.jpg

sr-2_2006.jpg

sr-2_2007.jpg

Archived