Usonian

Jeffrey Stephenson

137.jpg

Finished the second and third layers of the back panel design. Started to cut out the fan "circle".

138.jpg

144.jpg

142.jpg

Glued the backing panel on.

143.jpg

139.jpg

Glued up the front grille parts. I still have a lot to do on the "case" corners to allow a better transition from front to side (to back).

145.jpg

140.jpg

The bottom of the grille will need some massaging.

Thanks for looking.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes! Almost at the time limit! I have never seen slipperyskip not be finished by this time in any contest. I know most master modders are pressed for time during the 3 mo. time-span of the contest, but it was never my intention to egg on someone/anyone to have to get an ulcer just to finish. Especially our icon, beloved club Prez., and tireless promoter for our hobby (that has us by the proverbial tail) where craftsmanship, imagination and pride is still important (shades of "I, Robot" with the youngsters??).

Sunny and I (the only other KNOWN "mature" modders here, altho Sunny is the "kid", hehe) are rootin' for ya' just to let the other "younger" modders know that we mellow with age and become better with time, akin to a fine wine. They say that with a little less hair, the brain clears up; a few "tires" around the middle keep us on our feet eventho we are totally sloshed (not while modding, PUHLEEZ!); and using glasses lets us see more clearly that ephemeral essence of the materials we are using almost to the molecular level (Sunny needs glasses but is in denial).

So, I PROMISE to never again ask you to compete if you are not really up to it unless "I put my money where my big yap is" doing the same. I really feel bad missing this great event cuz I am still out to prove something, so I will make one final request: "Please finish"!!!

You are the inspiration for us that in our "Golden Years", really!

Cheers and Saludos

P.D.) Visitors/viewers please sign up and remember, you only have to be over 50 to become a full-fledged member. We are looking for staff so if you have won a 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in any valid international modding contest, let us know!

"We Whoop Butt"!

That's funny Papang. I have missed you not being in this contest. At least you are around to stir things up now and then. You know that my best, most finely honed modding weapon is finishing on time. Makes for better odds. :cheers:

169.jpg

Veneering the tabletops with teak.

170.jpg

171.jpg

173.jpg

175.jpg

Finished the teak with teal oil.

176.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

Finished the mahogany with brush-on semi-gloss lacquer.

179.jpg

180.jpg

181.jpg

Painted the privacy windows and the bottom of the tabletops.

182.jpg

Fitted the windows.

183.jpg

184.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg

187.jpg

I intentionally used small equipment in the case including a mini-ITX motherboard and a low-profile video card. The PSU is the smallest (size-wise) modular unit that Silverstone makes. The reason I'm doing this is because I don't want the equipment to distract from the case. It's not about what you see in the window....it's about the window.

193.jpg

188.jpg

189.jpg

191.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Uhhh, is this the end? I don't think so because you usually give us the "studio/living room" pics altho these are superb. And a window, well blow me down (Popeye)!

Cheers and Saludos

Archived