~~ Diablo Azul~~

pcjunkie209

here is how i am gonna vacuum bag the cf. a couple of quick pics of what my reverse mold will look like. i pulled one piece of the alum to give u an idea.

DSC04379.jpg

DSC04380.jpg

and this is it with all ribs inside to keep from caving in under pressure

DSC04382.jpg

thanks for viewing my mod i will be updating bag process by Mon. or Tues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok here's an update on my build. as some may know i am juggling a couple builds right know for an upcoming event( Sacramento LanFest). so bare with me. :lol: so in the last few days i have got my reverse mold finished and tonite i rolled out the CF. it is under vacuum as i type. the vacuum process takes about 2hrs to set resin versus 48hrs if you let air dry. and the end result will be a lot better.......i hope :blackeye: this material was very hard to work with so i don't recommend trying at home....lol. i planned on putting on 6 layers but my resin started to get tacky and i had no choice but to ditch 2 layers for now. i can always add more...which i might but i am running out of time with LanFest April 8-10 ......only a couple of weeks away so i hope 4 layers is good...we will see. anyways enjoy. and thanks for looking.

DSC04420.jpg

DSC04418.jpg

DSC04419.jpg

DSC04416.jpg

a couple tools i neede for build and future mods

DSC04417.jpg

DSC04414.jpg

DSC04415.jpg

DSC04421.jpg

DSC04422.jpg

DSC04423.jpg

DSC04424.jpg

DSC04425.jpg

DSC04426.jpg

DSC04427.jpg

DSC04428.jpg

DSC04431.jpg

in this pic i have applied peal-ply to keep bag from sticking to CF and then i putt it under vacuum

DSC04432.jpg

DSC04433.jpg

DSC04435.jpg

DSC04436.jpg

now just wait till it sets up

DSC04437.jpg

DSC04438.jpg

thanks for looking...until next time.

What is that pneumatic powered vacuum called? And where can I get one? All the other CF materials too. not looking to do anything CF anytime soon... but someday (if can afford).

I'll get the web addy's when I gt home. I bought all my stuff and one website and CF from another. You will have to find a fitting at orchard to adapt vacuum to compressor.

Thanks for the info! ^_^. Not sure which items came from where. Is the venturi vacuum from mia? I know you are busy with your build, but after the contest, could you do the whole internet a favor and make a simple tutorial on carbon fiber for dummies? We;d all love you for it!

Oh man- carbon fiber is surprisingly cheap! I guess all the costs associated with it is labor, huh?

Thanks for the info! ^_^. Not sure which items came from where. Is the venturi vacuum from mia? I know you are busy with your build, but after the contest, could you do the whole internet a favor and make a simple tutorial on carbon fiber for dummies? We;d all love you for it!

Oh man- carbon fiber is surprisingly cheap! I guess all the costs associated with it is labor, huh?

Actually a lot of my parts came from ACP Composites I just couldn't find the web addy. As for CF I would say it is cheap I have about $600 just in materials so depends on how big a Pc u want in CF. But when this is done I'll put up a how to on my gaming clan web addy which is

http://www.grunts-clan.com/barracks/forums/index.php

Awesome, thanks.

Wow $600? but it's only 35$ a yard- cheaper than some leathers- is it because you have to layer it?

ya u need to layer it for strenth. also pump and other misc. parts were like 300 and change. ya i bought 6yds.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived