Techno Junky FINISHED

DaveM

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE LONG OVERDUE UPDATE...

Sorry everyone Life has happened and of course the mod had to get put on hold for a few days... but never the less the mod must go on LOL

so here is where I am at as of tonight. Just got done with a moc build of the tower again to see were everything will kind of fit in. so with out further adue My UNFINISHED mod...

Front panel TFT LCD 6.4" set to be one of the the monitors

20110328_43.jpg

This is the top loading lightscribe dvd burner, that took a bit of work to get it to fit right. LOL

20110328_42.jpg

Another photo of the top load drive as well as the front panel monitor

20110328_41.jpg

I swear I fired the maid she made that mess I tell yeh...

20110328_40.jpg

Cromed MoBo tray

20110328_26.jpg

Another pic of the tray...

20110328_25.jpg

Photo with the top load drive closed, thats gonna look sweat after final sanding.

20110328_22.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well small setback on the project...

went to power on the computer the other day and the front panel monitor went to a blue hue and snap crackle pop... no more front panel monitor, good news for me though I used to work building these things so it was not too hard (2 weeks later) to find another controler board to run the monitor, yeh alot of soldering for me again, this time I will try not to fry the thing... LOL at leaste I will say it was my fault, still not sure why the board fried in the first place. But oh well the MOD must go on and well I am living up to my Modo.. Mod it till it breaks then mod it some more... Not sure I had fryin circut boards in there anywere though. So this is just an update on whats going on in the underground mod station... pics soon to come. mostly of me soldering more boards... stay tuned.

Thanks for looking.

50 plus wires soldered together and now the front panel monitor is working again... just needed to have a new controler card and driver board installed into the monitor.

To all who that have been following my work log, I will be holding off on posting any further status on this worklog untill right before the deadline. It has come to my attention that a few other people have been using my idea's. A few bad apples will spoil the entire bunch so I am sorry to those that wanted updates and to those that were following my log for there enjoyment.

more posts will be uploaded in a week or so.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Well its 1:20AM andI just got the primer on the case... still Alot of work to be done. sorry for no pictures batteries dead in cam, just one problem after another. I hope to make the deadline but this one will be too close for comfort....

Thank you all who have been watching I will upload new photos when I submit my info in to the compitition for for judging...

Good luck to us all.

• 3 weeks later...

just to answer a few messages that I got... That is a Mazda RX7 1982 behind the mod with Sonic the hedge hog painted on the hood :D

Great job to everyone that entered in this years compitition...

Hope to see everyone at the next one...

By the way were is the next mod compitition at and how long till its dead line. I got a few more things in the works to bang out here and would like to enter them in a compitition

Archived