Kawasaki Ninja: 2011 Case Mod Midtower Entry - FINISHED

Going Postal

After building and setting up computers for my local Kawasaki shop i was inspired to create a case similar to the the popular Ninja. This is my very first Case Mod and I hope I can create the design I am thinking of. Enjoy!

Bringing the case home

DSCN3177SMA.jpg

The Elite 331 before breakdown

DSCN3178SMA.jpg

Basic Breakdown

DSCN3179SMA.jpg

After sanding and prep work

DSCN3180SMA.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Update:

I would like to thank my employer for donating these used printing plates. I will be using these to form the base of the fairing. The metal is very light and bendable, its very easy to cut(you can use scissors). Once its attached to the case it is actually quite strong.

DSCN3181SMA.jpg

Ive cut out the parts that will form the upper part of the fairing.

DSCN3182SMA.jpg

1 view of the upper fairing riveted to the case

DSCN3183SMA.jpg

2nd view of the upper fairing riveted to the case

DSCN3184SMA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New updates to the mod. Sides are almost done, my arms are feeling rubbery from all the sanding ive been doing but its starting to look the way that i pictured it. These are just the rough draft, after the second side is fully done I will go over it again with a finer grit(Yay more sanding!) and smooth out all the rough bits.

DSCN3275SMA.jpg

DSCN3276SMA.jpg

DSCN3277SMA.jpg

DSCN3278SMA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived