Positronic Brain - scratch build

Guest awadon

Guest awadon

I need an idea how the grill should look like. Only without the laser cuts:)

All drawings greatly appreciated.

Here are the photos, where it will be putted.

brain141.jpg

brain142.jpg

brain143.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something like this would be a best choice for me.

brain130.jpg

I just dont know, if the glass is strong enough, and dont break when I will be mounting it. I'm a little scared of that.

Beautiful!!!! I like the looks of this one more than the setup you show later. But thats stand alone. How these look in context are a different matter.

Distiller. Continued.

Monitor cooling. How do you like it? Because I have mixed feelings.

brain140.jpg

brain139.jpg

I'm not feeling it either. Do some google image searches on "steampunk" and "victorian" for inspiration. Wouldn't hurt to look at old timey clocks and watches either.

I need an idea how the grill should look like. Only without the laser cuts:)

All drawings greatly appreciated.

Here are the photos, where it will be putted.

brain141.jpg

I can imagine some "clock gear" styling going on in there.

I think the theme you'v got going here is: victorian scientist. So think, chemistry, watches, steam, etc.

Perhaps setup a water cooling pump to look like a boiler tank and have it protrude out one side?

Guest awadon
it's a nice design :bounce: ,.... but... :roll:

why a positronic brain will be made with wood??? :drunken:

maybe i'm drunk, but that's something I don't understand yet :drunken:

So what kind of material do you suggest?? Steal ?? I wanted that case to look old.

Several of today's changes. Mounted grills - but without the holes yet. And USB mounting.

brain151.jpg

Ah, nice curvy mod! I like curves which separates de kids from the grown-ups, hehe. Like steam punk touches too, "old but new". Very unique way to apply veneer, with vacuum, something practical to learn.

BTW, where are you from? This is a world-wide contest so it´s cool to say where you are from. I am from Mexico, for example, trying to push the envelope of modding there pointing the guys to great builds here in the contest. Your mod looks good enough to showcase.

Best of Luck!

Cheers and Saludos

Archived