Positronic Brain - scratch build

Guest awadon

Guest awadon

Thank you guys:) And yes, I'm from Poland. There's one more picture for today. Many of you ask me about colour. So this is a sample of almost finished surface.

brain155.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest awadon

Yesterday I made the control panel for the monitor.

brain158.jpg

I've also installed a hinge to LCD case. The monitor will have controled deviation. And there are pictures after mounting.

brain160.jpg

brain159.jpg

Guest awadon

Last few days I had a problem with the camera. Yesterday finally I've fixed it. So today there are more changes than usual.

First, I finished connecting the arm to the base.

brain170.jpg

Around the monitor I've made a band using brass hoop.

brain169.jpg

brain168.jpg

Yesterday I've got a package with some brass fittings. I wanted to put them in the corners of the frame. I had to choose:

brain166.jpg

brain165.jpg

brain164.jpg

But I conclude that it does not fit. Too fancy compared to the rest.

So I have two options.

Sam brass nail.

brain163.jpg

Or plain, flat corner. To show you, I just turned it to the left side. So Use a little imagination to visualize:)

brain162.jpg

And which version fits you best? Maybe you have some other idea?

And the last thing. Not only my camera broke. Distiller also scattered during the pressure test. So I'm leaving the glass and eventually do it with plexi. I've rescued coils, now I just put it in to the tube.

brain161.jpg

Guest awadon

I've finished top of the monitor. In the "eye" I will place LEDs in different colours. It should scatter light, because there is inserted crystal.

brain173.jpg

brain172.jpg

To perform:

- I have to do something around a grid which will be masking plasma balls - I do not have the final idea. Perhaps some hint?

- LCD corners - place brass corners, or leave as you see at this time. The whole time I'm waiting for the inspiration:)

- Inputs on the back - I will make it simple. Brass plaque with power and network.

- Installation:)

PS. Reservoir is made once more​​. Tomorrow pressure test. I hope it will be ok:)

Guest awadon

I've installed a LCD in the frame.

brain190.jpg

Finished a ball mount.

brain189.jpg

Brass cleared on the edge of the front.

brain188.jpg

brain187.jpg

Cleared and finished one of the grills.

brain186.jpg

brain185.jpg[/align]

Guest awadon

I've mounted plasma balls.

brain193.jpg

To create a Faraday cage I've glued chamber with aluminium foil.

brain195.jpg

brain196.jpg

And covered holes with plywood

brain194.jpg

I've made rear panel too.

brain197.jpg

Besides the network and power supply I also consider about the departure of USB.

Guest awadon

Today I wanted to finish the front and make cover of the CD bay.

I cut out long peace of brass.

brain202.jpg

Then, between this two layers I've decided to paste oak veneer. This way I hope to achieve the same affect, as on top of the case.

brain199.jpg

Since in this part of the case I could already put wax, so I decided to use a heat activeted glue (butapren - buta(dien) + (chloro)pren. I don't how it's called in english). This is simple shape. And I had such a bonding experience among others in one of the previous projects.

terminal.jpg

I did not want to dirt the surface, so I've put it on the tape used for painting.

brain200.jpg

I've sanded case surface and covered with glue. After drying, the iron went into motion.

brain201.jpg

And this is effect after using stain.

I don't quite accept the appearance of the two parallel strips of brass. So I will work on it.

UPDATE

Continuing yesterday's work.

I've finished veneer.

brain203.jpg

I cut out the element that will be positioned between the CD, and cover of the bay.

brain210.jpg

brain209.jpg

I decided to complete the brass with a veneer.

brain208.jpg

Finally, I've cut the mounting trays. (They are not yet glued, so come off a bit.)

brain207.jpg

Archived