Scratch Build: Mega Pyramid

Fotes Lykos

Project Mega Pyramid by Wolf PC

This is my first case contest although I have been modding for about 5 years now. This is my second scratch build and will consist of 2 pyramid modules. The desktop module will contain a 19in wide screen monitor, webcam, and speakers. The dimensions are 55x55cm and roughly 90cm tall. The main module dimensions are 80x80cm base and 90cm high roughly with the planned case feet. The materials I will be using for the case are fiberglass,Aluminum, steel and plexiglass. Im waiting for the remaining of my Coolermaster products to arrive and will post the pics as soon as I have them.

This is my overall planned hardware list:

CoolerMaster GX Series 650W PSU x1

CoolerMaster HDD Module STB-3T4-E3-GP x1

GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTS450 GV-N450OC-1GI OVECLOCK 1GB x1

GIGABYTE GA-M52LT-D3 MAINBOARD x1

AMD ATHLON II X4 645 3.1GHZ QUAD-CORE BOX x1

KINGSTON KHX1333C9D3B1/2G 2GB HYPERX DDR3 BLU x2

WESTERN DIGITAL WD10EURS 1TB AV-GP SATA2 x1

80mm fan red x2

120mm fan red x3

twin tube cold cathode light set red x5 (may need more)

Edit to include qualifying product:

This is one of the products by coolermaster that I will be using the others are the V6GT cpu cooler and a power supply (havent decided which one yet)

hddmodulefrontviewcopy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TIme for another update. I started work on the main module of my build which will house the system. The base is 80cmx80cm and with the planned case feet will stand roughly 80cm tall. I will be using 2cmx2cm 1.5mm thick aluminum angle for the frame as well as 0.5mm thick steel plates at the top to make the structure more rigid. For the base I will be using the same sized angle. I will be using small L-brackets to assemble the base. To attach the 2 frame members together I will be cutting 7.5cm long sections of 2mm thick by 2cm wide aluminum stock and bending them as needed to conform to the angle needed.

Before I start here is a photo of all the parts (before they met Mr Dremel and the big bad wolf :lol: )

mainmoduleframepartsweb.jpg

I used a scrap from another mod to cut out the reinforcement plates for the top ( I try and reuse scraps as much as possible)

reinforcingplatesheetweb.jpg

Aluminum meet Mr Dremel :D

framecuttingweb.jpg

Assembly

assemblywebcopy.jpg

I made the frame In 2 parts

assemblyhalfweb.jpg

THe upper frame finished

upperframefinishedweb.jpg

I should be finishing the base over the next couple of days and start with the fiberglass panels.

• 4 weeks later...

Ooops, well it was a good starting point altho a loootttt of mods of pyramids have been made. I was curious as to your take on it to see if you had some unique ideas. Better luck the next time and yes, the due date kills a lot of projects cuz it is not easy to do, unless you are used to it.

Cheers and Saludos

• 3 weeks later...

Problems with the budget is what killed the project.TIme was also short. I didnt get started untill the end of March which was a good month into the contest. Its almost done now and I intend to showcase it at local pc shops. It was fun and a challenge. I will be back next time.

Archived