00 InfiniTiS 00 - 2011 CM Case Mod Competition Entry

d0g

Some of the pins on the back end of the middle sink had to be shortened a bit to make clearence.

The middle sink had clip hole extensions on the ends that were removed also.

post-67043-13880423957863_thumb.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue anodized thumb screws will secure all doors. Chrome allens will make door knobs. As you can see the

chrome allens have a shoulders. They only come on long screws, so these were cut to fit. I tapped the

aluminum so they screw in right up to the shoulder. Perfect little door knobs that work and look well.

post-67043-13880423960477_thumb.jpg

post-67043-13880423962059_thumb.jpg

I originaly had silver stainless thumb screws,but you can spot the blue ones easier for quick removal

They look better securing the doors in my opinion. They match the blue on the mb pretty well.

post-67043-13880423961317_thumb.jpg

Here is a brand new named mod !!! Invented by me. Shown here first. It is called......The SPUTNIK MOD

Almost anyone can make it. It doesnt cost much. It doesnt take a very long time to install. It can be done on almost any large case fan.

The following pics will take you though the procedure. First, I took an RC plane nose cone. The one I used is screwed on to a base.

I then filled in the propeller holes with sheet aluminum and smoothed them over with plastic filler. They also make ones without holes,

but I wanted the biggest one possible to fit my grill.

post-67043-13880423962796_thumb.jpg

The base was centered and epoxied to the fan. The cone was then marked in four evenly spaced places for the antenna holders.

Using a ring that fits about mid way down the cone really helps with the marks.

post-67043-13880423964562_thumb.jpg

Ball point pen ends make (antenna holders) use the kind that taper that look like mini cones to go with the big cone.

Screw off ballpoint ends of pens and glue them on the marks. Make sure it clears the grill.

Use all plastic pens so the glue will stick better and be lighter than metal ends.

I also glued the clicker ends of the pens between the ballpoint ends (antenna holders) for added effect. Although hard to see in this photo

because I masked them to keep the chrome look,

in corresponding photos you will get a better look at the ballpoint ends.

post-67043-13880423965337_thumb.jpg

Although not nessasary, I painted the frame flat black. Then masked the black off and painted the blades and cone

high gloss extra course silver with a splash of blue pearl to match the mother board.

post-67043-13880423966213_thumb.jpg

Archived