MY GEAR (HAF932 CASE MOD)

Rikuntyudady

rikuntyudady, great case mod. Took me a bit to find the mod again. I was looking at modding a side window on my HAF X with a HAF 932 side window but cutting it larger to show more of my machine when I add my water cool. Then I thought about opening it more and remembered your side panel mod. One question I have right now which isn't about the side window is about the two mods you did to conceal the 5.25 bay and PSU area. I see you used 3M DI-NOC Carbon as a covering material but what did you use to create the actual forms? Looks like some kind of plastic. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
rikuntyudady, great case mod. Took me a bit to find the mod again. I was looking at modding a side window on my HAF X with a HAF 932 side window but cutting it larger to show more of my machine when I add my water cool. Then I thought about opening it more and remembered your side panel mod. One question I have right now which isn't about the side window is about the two mods you did to conceal the 5.25 bay and PSU area. I see you used 3M DI-NOC Carbon as a covering material but what did you use to create the actual forms? Looks like some kind of plastic. Thanks

Thank you for your comments.

I have to apologize for the reply having become very late first to you. :cry:

The acrylic board is used for 5.25 inch bay hiding or power supply hiding as your imagination.

105409885.v1319547402.jpg

Those parts are cut into the form of a character, and it clips like a window, and is illuminating by LED from the reverse side.

In the back side, if milky acrylics is used, light will be emitted finely.

105409922_org.v1319547402.jpg

If the label etc. which were printed on milky acrylics are stuck, a character will appear.

105411356_org.v1319547787.jpg

Although this is a picture of "DF-85" which I created, the printed label is stuck on the portion of PSU hiding.

Moreover, 5.25inch bay hiding has cut "3M DI-NOC" into the form of a character.

Please refer also to the following URL.

http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-work-logs/971261-its-my-gear-haf932mod.html

It has appeared here and there frequently. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the response. No worries on the delay. It looked like acrylic but I couldn't tell. I'm actually in the begging stages of cutting mine and went with poly carbonate. Didn't see much difference in price but the poly is stronger. Won't be quite as rad as yours but will make a nice cover and accent the MB/water cooling area.

Had a question. For the life of me I can't remember what it was called but I had a Thermaltake case that came with a kit that you could print designs on transparent sheets and such that would be illuminated through an led strip. Did you make all of yours or was there a kit of some type that allows one to create the transparent designs to be lite up. I tried to search for something like it but haven't really found anything. Might do something like that on the two modded covers but that would be it. Not daring enough to really cut into my case. Thanks.

Thanks for the response. No worries on the delay. It looked like acrylic but I couldn't tell. I'm actually in the begging stages of cutting mine and went with poly carbonate. Didn't see much difference in price but the poly is stronger. Won't be quite as rad as yours but will make a nice cover and accent the MB/water cooling area.

Had a question. For the life of me I can't remember what it was called but I had a Thermaltake case that came with a kit that you could print designs on transparent sheets and such that would be illuminated through an led strip. Did you make all of yours or was there a kit of some type that allows one to create the transparent designs to be lite up. I tried to search for something like it but haven't really found anything. Might do something like that on the two modded covers but that would be it. Not daring enough to really cut into my case. Thanks.

I did not know the kit of such Themaltake.

Although it is imagination, are they EL wire or EL sheet?

If it turns on electricity, there is the wire or sheet which emits light.

Archived