[TOWER MOD] Shirokuro

Ianovski

Update 1

Hey all! :D Here is my entry for the 2012 CM casemod competition! Enjoy the build!

The name of the casemod is Shirokuro wich means Black & White in Japan (well I found out it actually means White & Black).

The idea is to make a clean case, not too much weird stuff on it. Behind the mobo I want to make acryl glass, more plexiglass to work away some hardware, window in it, sleeve the cables, etc. Colors will mainly be black & white with some red in the hardware.

Here is a list with the hardware, not all hardware is here or ordered yet, but soon will be.

Mobo: Asus Maximus V Formula

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K (Corsair H50)

MEM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance

GPU: 2x Asus HD5870 v2

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M850Watt

CASE: Cooler Master CM690 Advanced II (Black&White Edition)

SSD: Corsair Force GT 120GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB

This was it for now, untill next time!

Adios!

shrikurobanner.jpg

Update 2

Here we are again! I received some packages. One from Highflow and one with new memory.

I've also been working to place the plexiglass in the case, worked out pretty well. I was a bit scared that it would crack while sawing it, but seems to be pretty easy with a fine metal saw and a jigsaw on a slow mode.

Another idea is to make the front and the top both out of 1 piece of mesh, so you dont have all those drivebay covers and stuff.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Package from highflow! 4 fans, LED strip, white eSata cables and some cablemanagement stuff.

4.jpg

5.jpg

New memory. 16GB, hopefully the red fits nice with the rest!

9.jpg

Plexiglass all been made to the right sizes. Got pics from the measurement drawing, but baad quality so...

10.jpg

11.jpg

Plexiglass without protection, has to be worked with but I'll just tape it. Couldn't wait to see it!

12.jpg

With the LED strip on, very happy with the results.

13.jpg

Sleeving will be orderen soon! Processor and motherboard too!

There will also be a overview of the hardware.

Till next time.

Adios!

shrikurobanner.jpg

Update 3

Here I am again. Not a very big update, but i got some good news!

I received a very nice package. This package contained a new PSU for my build, the Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W. I also cut some things off the plexiglas to make it fit perfect. At some plexiglas parts I also drilled some holes to be able to attach the parts to the case.

Here are the pics!

The package I received.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Modular, exactly what I was looking for.

16.jpg

Placed it in the case already. Takes some fitting and measuring to get it in.

17.jpg

Taping the plexiglas to saw it on the right dimensions. The little square is to be able to fit some cables underneath it

18.jpg

Made some space for the stand-offs. Fits perfect.

22.jpg

23.jpg

Drilled the holes.

21.jpg

I'll use these to attach it.

19.jpg

Didn't do alot, but these are some details. There's one piece of plexiglas left to be sawed.

The pictures are pretty bad, but I promise that the final pics will be alot better ;)

Till next time!

Adios

shrikurobanner.jpg

Update 4

Received some gaming gear for this mod. Not necessary, but could use it and it all fits very nice! :D

Here a little list with the products.

• [*:xvmbyy49] Steelseries 6G V2 Pro Gaming Keyboard
    [*:xvmbyy49] Steelseries Sensei Pro Grade Laser Mouse
    [*:xvmbyy49] Steelseries Siberia V2 White Pro Gaming Headset
    [*:xvmbyy49] Steelseries Qck Pro Gaming Mouse Surface

Everything ofcourse with the right colors ;)

Received the package!

24.jpg

What's in the package?

25.jpg

Steelseries 6G V2 Pro Gaming Keyboard

26.jpg

30.jpg

Steelseries Sensei Pro Grade Laser Mouse

27.jpg

31.jpg

Steelseries Siberia V2 White Pro Gaming Headset

28.jpg

32.jpg

Steelseries Qck Pro Gaming Mouse Surface

29.jpg

33.jpg

I also placed an order at MDPC-X for some sleeving , I expect it to be delivered soon. The Asus Maximus V Formula and Intel Core i7 3770k have also been ordered so these will come soon too. More about this in the next update.

Till next time!

Adios!

shrikurobanner.jpg

Update 5

There we are again! Some packages arrived and I came up with a cool idea for the front of the case.

Here is a total pic of the hardware thats going into this case. (I've only been so stupid to forget and put the processor on the picture)

16-1.jpg

Two packages came in. One from Azerty.

Een Intel Core i7 3770K + Asus Maximus V Formula.

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

A package from mdpc-x came in too.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

I didn't start sleeving yet. That's probably going to take a while.

I also continued on the midplate. I connected this one with the plate on the side together with rivets. I also tried to give it Japanese style by making squares in it and putting white acryl behind it. I'll put white LEDs behind it so it lights up.

Don't wanna scratch it!

29-1.jpg

30-1.jpg

Placed it in the case.

15-1.jpg

14-1.jpg

Result with white plexi behind it.

31-1.jpg

32-1.jpg

Drill holes.

36.jpg

Rivets from mdpc-x.

37.jpg

17-1.jpg

I placed a part of all the hardware inside the case to see how it looked like. I have to say, I'm very happy with the result. Here the pics.

18-1.jpg

19-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

This is how the H50 will be mounted.

20-1.jpg

And my idea for the front of the case. I want to place 3 fans with white LEDs here. This won't fit how it is now ofcourse, so i bought some aluminium to make a plate to mount the fans on.

Making the front ready to saw.

22-1.jpg

23-1.jpg

24-1.jpg

Made a plate.

25-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

Place the fans to be able to line off the fans.

26-1.jpg

27-1.jpg

28-1.jpg

Too bad the aluminium was a bit too thin.. So something went a bit wrong...

34.jpg

33-1.jpg

So I started again. This time with the top of an old pc case. This metal is a bit thicker and also black.

35.jpg

Didn't finish it yet so, to be continued...

I hope to be able to continue soon but I don't have any tools or place in my new house yet. Have to make myself a little casemod place.

That's it for now!

Till next time!

Adios!

shrikurobanner.jpg

Update 5

Hey all! I’m back with some new things. Don’t have a lot of tools in my new house yet, so it’s gonna take a bit longer then I hoped. During the moving both my HDD’s broke down, so I had to buy new ones. Bought an SSD and a HDD. A SSD was really missing in this pc. Got the Corsair Force GT 120GB and a WD black 1TB.

Here are some pics.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

This is how the pc is at the moment. It’s working very well and it’s very quick. :D

5-2.jpg

During my holiday in Spain I went to my old internship. I asked them if they could make me some nice stickers of some of the hardware manufacturers. Also Cooler Master ofcourse! :D

Here is what they made for me.

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

That’s it for now!

Adios!

• 1 month later...

shrikurobanner.jpg

Update 6!

Hey there!

Here I am again with a new update! My PSU has been sleeved. This has been done by Hukkel80. I'm very satisfied about the job he did for me. He's been keeping very good contact with me, sending me pictures by Whatsapp. For the dutch people here, I really recommend him.

The PSU has gone completely white. Parts without shrink, parts with. Placed the PSU in the case and I'm working on the cablemanagement now. Using those MDPC-X things for that. Love them! First some pics of the sleeving.

14.jpg

13.jpg

34.jpg

21.jpg

20.jpg

18.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

30.jpg

28.jpg

10.jpg

15.jpg

12.jpg

33.jpg

32.jpg

GPU cables were very hard coz of some double cables. Still very happy with the result! :D

29.jpg

So I'm very happy with the sleeving. A sleeved PSU makes the case looks more beautiful already. Here some pics to show the progress I made with cablemanagement and stuff.

35-1.jpg

36-1.jpg

37-1.jpg

Also made some progress with the front of the case. Almost finished it. Here some pics!

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

42.jpg

41.jpg

Draw some lines before sawing :thumb:

50.jpg

Still have to make it perfect, but it's going into the right direction.

51.jpg

I also made a new plate. The other one was a lot shorter then this one but coz I'm not going to put a dvd-drive into the case I wanted to make this plate fill up the whole area. The SSD is going to be mounted on this place so it's more or less hanging in the spotlights. Been busy with it, hasn't completely finished yet. Here the progress!

48.jpg

46.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

This is the way it looks without SSD buuut we want to see it with SSD ofcourse :naughty:

52.jpg

53.jpg

The SSD, still think it's a good looking one.

54.jpg

55.jpg

When the SSD is hanging inside the case.

56.jpg

Had to make a hole for the cables ofcourse. Only had one little problem. The connector of the cable for the SSD was pointed in the wrong direction. Flipped it, so it should work now. Only have to make the hole a bit bigger. Will do that soon.

Dont worry. Has to be made perfect yet. :thumb:

57.jpg

Here you can see I flipped the connector.

58.jpg

Enough for now. Going to continue very soon. Any comments or criticism is welcome.

Stay tuned and till next time (soon)!

Adios!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived