[Tower Mod] Vectre by Zesti [Finished]

Zesti

Vectre-logo-F1.1f.png

Hi guys!

I'm usually doing scratch builds, but this year I decided to do a casemod. I've only ever done one complete casemod so this is going to be interesting challenge for me. :)

The case I'm going to use is the CM 690 II Advanced Black & White edition. I chose this case since it has nice timeless look and it fits beautifully to my plans by having two tone paintjob. However, I'm still waiting for case to be delivered - hopefully it will be here this or next week.

My initial plan for this mod is to do quite minimalist and ultramodern system. So sharp angular shapes and very clean. I'll tell more of my plan once I get the case and can do some measurements. :wink:

Since I'm still waiting for the case, I have started by prepping the hardware and doing some sleeving. This night I'll have marathon photoshoot/sleeving session - hopefully I have good photos for you guys soon. :mrgreen:

First good news; My case arrived to the shop and will be delivered next week.. Will be long weekend waiting it to arrive. :bounce:

Hardware I'm going to use for this build is really nothing special.. Crosshair IV Formula, Phenom II X6 1090T, Vertex 2 and HD 7970 GHz Edition. These parts are currently in an old case and this system is folding 24/7. So yeah, I could definitely use a better case.

Vectre-14.JPG

And more detailed shot of the motherboard.. Not the newest board out there, but works fine in folding system. I really love the heatsink design.

Vectre-13.JPG

Notice how all the logos on the heatsinks are removed.

Since almost everything else is going to be black, I'm thinking about switching CPU cooler fan to this one from Cooler Master. I think it looks pretty nice and futuristic:

Vectre-3.JPG

Vectre-2.JPG

And here's new cable set to be sleeved:

Vectre-6.JPG

And with the ugly stock sleeving removed.. Looking so messy for now:

Vectre-8.JPG

Some tools and sleeve itself:

Vectre-5.JPG

Aquamarine sleeve shouldn't really be there. At first I thought about doing some cables with it, but most likely I'll do all the cables in black. :)

Here's my sleeving workshop - I could use a bigger desk.. :lol:

Vectre-16.JPG

And some photos of the PSU with the cables.. Looks a bit messy for now since cables are rather stiff.

Vectre-18.JPG

Vectre-17.JPG

Vectre-19.JPG

I can soon start some proper modding (Dremel, get ready!) as case is already in delivery. It'll be here almost certainly tomorrow. :)

Here's some misc photos I took while unboxing and disassembling the case.

Case fresh from the box. You can also see my high-tech photoshoot area: window + white table + gray wall just outside the picture. :)

Vectre-26.JPG

More photos:

Vectre-25.JPG

Vectre-24.JPG

Vectre-23.JPG

Vectre-28.JPG

Paint job is suberb, one of the best I've seen in factory made cases:

Vectre-29.JPG

Vectre-30.JPG

Vectre-27.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
This case looks great, but I am sure you'll make it better :D

Good luck.

Thanks! :)

I finally started modding the case.. Nice and easy stuff first, haha.

First thing to go was the plastic grille or support thingy:

Vectre-31.jpg

Vectre-32.jpg

I'm tempted to remove the mesh and do a top mounted window. Would be easy to do in this case and it would look gorgeous. Hmm..

And here's the case itself. I already had my folding system running in it for some time 24/7. There were some minor problems at first, but things should be dialed in now. Good thing is that I can remove front fans completely and build a neat front panel. But first some modifications to the back panel..

Vectre-33.jpg

Vectre-34.jpg

Vectre-35.jpg

Vectre-37.jpg

Vectre-36.jpg

Can you already guess what's coming? :)

Now I'm going back to the workshop to do a new PCI-E cover..

Testing.. Temporary PSU, memory etc. for now, but at least everything seems to be working. I've had some problems with PCI-E risers earlier, but this model works just fine with the HD 7970. System already folded 12 hours or so.

Vectre-38.jpg

PCI-E unicover needs some more fiddling and sanding, but otherwise I'm happy. :)

Archived