O.A.C OpenAirCase [Scratch Built] ///DONE///

IVANICS Design

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Day 23 in the workshop of my university

So I bougth two acrylic sheet from a gentle (84 years old) uncle (he must be a MacGyver or something). One for me and one for my godfather. I have never bend acrylic so I was scared about it.

The sheet has cutted by the laser cutter. But I haven't taken any pictures of it because we needed to do it fast but It was like the wood cutting which you could see posted above.

So let's see how went the bending (using a heat gun):

310.jpg

311.jpg

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

315.jpg

And the sith happened...

316.jpg

I knew now where does it wrong... I made a stress concentration that point... two straight lines are running into each other. So I will check next time and make a radius there... and my godfather's one gonna be better!

317.jpg

318.jpg

319.jpg

320.jpg

321.jpg

Probably I'll do it again a near future but not that near so I'll use it in the competition. My friend Attila Nagy who making the final pics now offered me to correct it in Photoshop or least he'll try it.

So stay tuned my friends... the final form of the O.A.C is coming... maybe you'll get some teaser pic sunday or monday.

323.jpg

324.jpg

325.jpg

326.jpg

327.jpg

328.jpg

329.jpg

330.jpg

331.jpg

332.jpg

333.jpg

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

337.jpg

338.jpg

339.jpg

340.jpg

341.jpg

342.jpg

343.jpg

344.jpg

345.jpg

346.jpg

I would like to thank everyone who helped with the O.A.C.

Many thanks to my friends Attila Nagy for the final pics, Peter Borbely for the oil, Gergely Nagy, Boldizsar Kiss, Attila Szeremy

and Mate Horvath for advices, Zsolt Geber for supervising the poster, to my godfather Csaba Gy?ri for ordering a O.A.C,

to my roommate Mark Pernesz for the fun and supervising the translation. To my family who have always trusted me helped me to get here.

At last but not least many thanks for my lady Virag Petko who tolerated me in the process!

And you guys who shared yours thoughts about O.A.C in the comments!

Thank you all!

Archived