[Tower Mod] CMS83X MK3 Stacker

lowfat

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added the last retention bar for the 24-pin.

_MG_4064-1.jpg

_MG_4063-1.jpg

Here is a few more pics with some better light.

_MG_4067-1.jpg

_MG_4066-1.jpg

Today I worked on cutting the case up for better cable management, air flow, and looks.

_MG_4068-1.jpg

A couple of pics of the drain from the other side.

_MG_4072-1.jpg

_MG_4073-1.jpg

The MiniNG for the pump.

_MG_4074-1.jpg

Removed the regular ATX motherboard supports as they block a lot of the view. Drilled out some cable management holes while I had it out. I also cut out a lot of the top grill at the top of the case. Better air flow for the PSU. Plus you'll be able to see more of the system from the top mesh window.

_MG_4076-1.jpg

_MG_4084-1.jpg

_MG_4082-1.jpg

A better shot of the 24-pin in place. I unfortunately found out that I can't reinstall the motherboard tray w/ the retention bars in place. So I have to pull off all the cables to get it back in the case. :(

_MG_4080-1.jpg

Painted some of the old silver trim pieces.

_MG_4120-1.jpg

_MG_4123-1.jpg

Not planning on using the other 2 front usb, audio, mic, firewire so I'm going to attempt to bondo it.

_MG_4126-1.jpg

Replacement PCB for the Liang DDC-1T.
Well it seems the DDC-1T is outrageously loud and sounds even worse when slowed down. So I'm going to see if it sounds any better with one of these.
7.jpg

8.jpg

_MG_4145-1.jpg

_MG_4143-1.jpg

Archived