[Scratch Build] Ridiculous Rasberry

Theophilus_Field

Hi there,

My name is Elliott and this is the first watercooling project I have ever undertaken

No pressure there then!

My Scratch build is based around the immensely popular Raspberry Pi.

Inspired by the amazing efforts of Phame (http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=256779) and his watercooled R-Pi I first intended to make my own version of the watercooling loop he used.

As watercooling an R-Pi is pretty much overkill anyway, I tried to think of other ways I could make my cooling system even more extreme whilst retaining some form of 'practicality'.

A few of the things I wanted to change and/or add were:

Waterblock - More water channels and thinner fins to increase cooling efficiency. Also less depth to the waterblock to increase the flow rate.

Smaller reservoir- In Phame's build he used the reservoir as a large passive heatsink. I wanted to use a more active method of cooling which meant the volume of coolant was less and flow rate higher.

Peltier cells!- A second waterblock would allow the coolant to pass the cold side of a peltier cell, thereby lowering the temperature of the coolant below ambient temperature.

So, here's some bits so far!

20131020_135446.jpg

The gorgeous CNC milled aluminium Chipset Waterblock

20131020_135626.jpg

20131020_135649.jpg

Peltier Cell

20131020_135430.jpg

So far...

What do you think? :)

• 2 years later...

Archived