[Tower Mod] Cristal Toxin

IMCustoms

Hi people,

I'm Igor from Serbia, 23 years old student and case modding is my hobby. "Cristal Toxin" is my first serious modding project started in may of this year and I want to share it with you :)

So, let's get straight to the point :D

Components:

CPU: Intel i5-2500k

MB: MSI z77 MPower

GPU: 2x MSI 7970 (R7970-2PMD3GD5/OC)

RAM: 4x 4GB Kingston Technology HyperX Predator 2400MHz KHX24C11T2K2/8X

SSD: 2x Intel 120GB 330series in RAID 0

PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 1000W

Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Case fans: 2x Gelid Wing 12cm UV Blue & 2x Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition

Fan controller: Scythe Kaze Q-12

Water cooling parts:

CPU Block: XSPC Raystorm

GPU Blocks: EK-FC7970 - Nickel CSQ

Reservoir: XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay

Pump: XSPC D5 Vario Pump

Radiators: XSPC RX360 Rev 2 & Phobya G-Changer 240 V.2 - Full Copper

Radiator fans: 5x Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition

Fittings: Monsoon Blue Rotary & White Compressions

Dye: Mayhem UV Green

And these are pics of some of the components I used:

dsc0133.jpg dsc0225.jpg dsc0272.jpg dsc0285.jpg dsc0306.jpg

• 8 months later...
I know I'm a "teeny weeny" bit late with this, but better late than never

So, enough said and lets start with the buildlog !

BUILD LOG:

First things first, case stripping and hard metal work... I've removed everything to get to the bare skeleton and cut down and sanded every protective metal mash on the case and cut open a hole in the top so I can fit a 360mm radiator

in, cause CM Stryker is only optimised for 280mm max.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Here are some left overs from the metal work and some details I've stripped from the case.. I had to cut the handle mounts down, cause they wouldn't leave space for the fans at the top of the case and I there would be no other place to

put them, cause I used 60mm thick rads.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Next on the list was plexi and metal sheets cutting time. So here are some shots of plexi dividers, some decorations and metal sheets for SSD mounting and the back of the case, cause I've decided to close off that fan and make a

positive pressure inside by having 4 filtered intakes (on the front and bottom) and 3 exhaust (on the top). And that white and blueish color on the plexi panels is just a protective covers, of course I didn't painted them before cutting

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Early test fitting time for the dividers 

14.jpg

I cut open a bigger hole on the plastic top cover, to make better air flow from the exhaust on top of the case.

15.jpg

16.jpg

At that time, the rest of parts for watercooling, sleeving etc have arrived

Cause I had some in my possession, but not everything I needed..

17.jpg

18.jpg

Paint prepping: I masked filters and radiator that will be visible and got everything in the booth ready for painting

By the way, you can now kinda see all the little bits and pieces I've custom made from plexi and didn't show hem earlier.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

And at long last, PAINTING TIME

I will show you only 1 image from the booth (just to see the attention to detail) and the rest will be from the finished and semi-assembled pieces 

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Some Monsoon Fittings glory shots

34.jpg

35.jpg

"Sandwich" making time

That's how I call these plexi decorations that light up on the outside of the case, cause they have a lot of layers, starting from the top (view point):

1. 3mm plexi, painted from the bottom (to make it look glossy on the top and gives a certain depth to it)

2. White sticky foil on the top plexi (to better reflect light in combo with mirror foil)

3. Mirror foil (reflects light down)

4. 5mm plexi with a drilled-in hole for the 5mm LED and outline engraving (it is drilled so that LED can just make its way in and it serves so the light can bounce it's way to the engraved part on the edges)

5. Mirror foil (reflects light up)

- Metal side panel of the case, driled so that diode can go through it (sandwich parts superglues on it on both sides)

6. Diode holder (only there to fixate the diode from the other side of the sidepanel)

7. LED 5mm (goes through the the holder, metal side panel and goes in 5mm plexi)

And on top of all that, I super glued parts 3 and 4, as well as 5 and 6, to the metal sidepanel

A lot of hard and precise job done, but it gives the best effect 

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

GPU blocks assembly and radiator and reservoir fitting testing (I had to use a few 45 degree adapters cause of the lack of space due to dividers and cleaner look with as little tubing as possible in the visible area).

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

UV Sleeving done and a lot of details glued into place.

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

That panel

And by the way, that mesh effect on the big toxic sandwich is just a reflection, not something on it.

49.jpg

Wiring, soldering, making a panel to control all the LEDs and LED white and UV stripes from the standard Styker's front panel and on top of all that, cable management nightmare

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

And now.. Let it be light !

SSDs mounted and all the LEDs wired up.

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

"MSI z77 MPower Snow edition" with painted washers and thumbscrews, cable management finished and tubing instalation (now you can see why I used a few 45 degree adapters)

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

Finaly.. System filled and up and running, and here is a few quick pics

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

I'll be seeing you in my next post with the final pictures and a little video

We are here at last

So, lets kick it off with some VIDEO

FINAL PICS:

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

And that's it from me guys.

I hope you like it, as I said, this is my first serious modding project and I hope you'll be hearing a lot more from me in the future.

Of course, I'm opet for any questions, critics and admiration, it will mean alot to me.

Archived