[TowerMod] "Demon Speeding" HAF XB - Updated 12/24/13

TekLord

CHAPTER VI: Blur the Technicolor

"Well, why not? The world is full of inconsistencies. Unnatural things. Nature's mistakes they call you for instance!" - The Haunting (1963)

16.jpg

The 24 pin sleeved with Lutro0 Customs Teleios using the heatshrink-less method.

17.jpg

A thing of beauty.

18.jpg

The 8 pin looks just aa great.

19.jpg

Because of the space limitations, I had to be rather creative with the cable management.

20.jpg

All the cables hug the bottom of the motherboard tray.

21.jpg

Time to try bending some of that Primochill Rigid acrylic tubing.

22.jpg

The first bend didn't turn out to terrible.

23.jpg

On second thought, maybe it did. After bending the second tube, the first tube just doesn't look right to me. I'll revisit it later.

24.jpg

The LED lighting has arrived and I just couldn't wait to play with it. I choose a "warm white" color. This should give a feel of the case being lit by incandescent lighting.

25.jpg

A quick lighting test with my freshly cut side door. So far, so good on both the door and the lighting. Wow, I really need to clean my table.

26.jpg

I turned off all the room light and behold, the exact look I was going for.

27.jpg

The lighting is quite even and with them turned down, the glow is a bit creepy. I like creepy.

28.jpg

Because of the current low temperatures in my area, paint takes quite a bit longer then to dry, so I need to get the final painting started now. Here is the inside of the side door that I had cut earlier. That hammertone paint really sets it off.

29.jpg

The whole outside of the case will be painted in the stainless steel color paint I used in many parts of the interior. This will be the basecoat for the ShawNaughty Designz hydographics that will be applied later.

Archived