[Scratch Build] Modern Marvel * Worklog Complete*

james2113

The first thing is i am on a very tight budget so some of the parts are generic with a few alterations. As you can see i purchase sandpaper which on the type of cabinet you needed to be very careful in doing i bought a 400 grit to get the old poly and stain off and then i use a 600 grit to smooth it out and its about ready for the restain and poly process. Now remember this is supposed to look like an old peice that you have in your living room. so all your friends and family can see and say "why do you have an old radio sitting in old this electronics. LOL they will see soon :lol:

post-111452-1388042673392_thumb.jpg

I wanted to let you all know what parts i am using. Since i wanted to remind you all is on a tight budget with no sponsors i had to make due with what i have. So i took apart an Gateway computer that i have to create this project.

1. Gateway Generic Motherboard

2. Pentium D processor 2.4 Ghz

3. 3 Gigs Kingston Ram

4. Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus Processor cooler( Extremely Quiet)

5. HP Laptop Blueray Dive

6. 250 Gig Hard Drive

7. 1000 amp

8. 10 inch Sub speaker

9. Orange LED's

Now that all the sanding and poly is complete. We can now start looking inside the cabinet. The original had a 10 inch speaker but of course with dry rot this is not going to be salvageable. With the removal of the old speaker which was held in places with 5 small bolts and thank god for the ebay store because i needed to restore the speaker so for $20 dollars got a nice speaker someone was selling and it fit perfectly in the cabinet. But you must all be wondering how am i going to power this speaker. Well i bought a small amplifier for 30 bucks and its a 10000 watt amp .

post-111452-13880426750637_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

WIth this i mounter a bracket that i took from the case of the gateway which was the harddrive bracket and use it to mount onto the back of the platform. Also I have purchased a HP Blueray Drive that i have also mounted

1.jpg

Archived