Desk Master DWR

ThatWhichSmashes

The task:

Build an extreme gaming set up for my wife to fit in my new apartment.  This was to be my first scratch / custom build, I call it the Desk Master DWR.

1.  Space is at a premium, and the desk must accommodate to PCs and two people at the same time.  This can only be in one location in our apartment, the maximum size for this build 2.5m x 1m

2.  The desk must look appealing to gamers and non-gamers a like.

3.  This will not only be a command centre for gaming, but also will need to function as a work space for study.

4.  I want a minimalist design with effective cable management for all of my peripherals.

The build was to be in two stages, I needed a desk space ASAP, and my custom PC build would have to wait until I had more time.

1.  The desk needed to be hardwearing and solid, with plenty of workspace and storage space for paperwork.

2.  A number of items were purchased from Ikea, 2x Alex drawer units, 1x Alex cupboard and a pre-cut kitchen bench top.

3.  The drawer and cupboard units were partly assembled, and then using their pre-drill tops as a jig, holes were drilled into the bottom of the kitchen bench top.  The units were then attached directly to the bench top.

4.  Keyboard trays were cut out of laminated MDF to size and secured to the sides of the Alex storage units.

Coming soon, the integrated PC build and the photos...

• 4 weeks later...

In the last month or so I have done some major revisions to my design.  Thanks to Cooler Master for supporting me with a Nepton 120XL all in one liquid CPU cooler!

Desk Master DWR

Components:

ASUS ROG Gene IV

Intel i7 4790

Cooler Master Nepton 120XL

EVGA GeForce 760SC

G.Skill Sniper 2 x 8gb 1600mhz

Intel SSD 530 2 x 120gb

Deep Cool Fan Controller, USB 3.0 and SD card ports

Addition fans Geild Silent 9  (92mm), Geild Silent 5 (50mm)

• 1 month later...

Archived