Tempest (modded CM MasterCase Maker 5t) by SimpleModz

alexciobanu

Hey guys,

Welcome back to another one of my builds logs! I'm happy to announce my entry into the 2017 Cooler Master CaseMod World Series in the MasterCase Maker 5t. It's a stunning looking case and I'm excited to work on it. I have a few interesting things planned for it, including some layout changes on the inside and a more unique water cooling loop set-up.

I am calling this one Tempest and it will be based on the Tempest spaceship from the new Mass Effect Andromeda game.

I did an overview video of the case as well as talked a bit about the mods where you can get a better idea of what I'm going to do in this case.

Check it out below:

SPECS:

Case - Cooler Master MasterCase Maker 5t

CPU - Intel TBC

MB - ASUS Rampage V Extreme

RAM - 8 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3000MHz DDR4

GPU - NVIDIA TBC

SSD - 2 x 275GB Crucial MX300

HDD - Seagate TBC

PSU - Cooler Master V1000

Custom cables & lighting - CableMod

Water Cooling - Bitspower

I'll start it off with some photos of the gorgeous case:

0Mg4OZ4.jpg

ei3IEEr.jpg

cjmtvBV.jpg

s5ti3p7.jpg

TTMxcqv.jpg

INF5XCO.jpg

CNXH9vh.jpg

miQs5G0.jpg

KHRREQT.jpg

nGYaTTe.jpg

pnWz2uh.jpg

iTMUc2L.jpg

wuj0Vuv.jpg

WI81X8d.jpg

iCRqhWT.jpg

x1RgapF.jpg

mvMic85.jpg

Q39YEE2.jpg

v1GYrS8.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more

Cheers,

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Progress has been slow with this one however I thought to give you guys at least some content as I'm still trying to figure out how to tackle this build :)

The case is fully stripped at the moment, ready to be cut into! And by the look of things, there will be a lot of cutting :P

zhj8CDL.jpg

bTTP3y9.jpg

bsbevvT.jpg

XfWja7d.jpg

VfC3C9r.jpg

jwJbpOu.jpg

MynzhwJ.jpg

Q3s7rmH.jpg

Stay tuned!

Cheers,

Alex

Not much real progress on the build with this update unfortunately. It's a bit hard to keep up with the 3 builds I'm working on at the moment

Here are the new Cooler Master RGB fans.

tjXEdvy.jpg

PYkPfto.jpg

NDJryLs.jpg

fBOwWFw.jpg

G2wmnf1.jpg

E9G2FvM.jpg

KG9VfhW.jpg

oDunROa.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates on this build but unfortunately that's what happens when you're working on 3 case mods at the same time and they all have to be finished at the same time. Plus I've got my full time job on top of that. Been super busy lately.

What I'm gonna do however is focus on getting this build log ready and finishing this build as it has to be done and submitted for the Cooler Master Case Mod World Series by the 3rd of May.

So here is the progress that I've made so far. The PSU has been mounted in it's new location, I have a new motherboard tray that is mounted over the existing one to maintain the case rigidity, the back panel has been completely cut out and a new panel installed that has a 240 radiator mount and the I/O is in the top. 

I also have the extra 'top' exterior panel mounted on the back. There is also a cut out in the mid-tray section with a piece of acrylic mounted over it. This is for the pass-through fittings later.

You will also see an acrylic panel in the bottom and a piece on the back.

I hope that all makes sense but I'll have a video in the end explaining it all and showing more of the actual progress for those interested.

I have to give a huge shout out to Corey from Imfaceroll Gaming for the help in cutting the aluminium panels on his CNC machine. Otherwise I don't know how I would have had time to get this done for the submission date.

Also thanks to Justin from Metalicacid for the tips on how to brush my aluminium panels. I think minus some of the deeper scratches they all came out really good. Most of that will be covered anyways.

So here are the photos guys!

gkjI6Yu.jpg

NuDmPpT.jpg

tjhgOCz.jpg

R3yKm7X.jpg

gUj3Gr1.jpg

I forgot to mention the cut out in the front panel as well.

eLqcMvH.jpg

0qgvCmi.jpg

6MQJ6qo.jpg

Ee4InzJ.jpg

D3uaYZP.jpg

vewKgNq.jpg

y9fAq2y.jpg

1R7k7DZ.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy the progress so far and stay tuned, there will be a lot more photos to come!

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

Here's some quick pics of the motherboard going in. I know the Rampage V Extreme is a bit old now however it will match the theme perfectly :)

Also, huge shout out to Mwave Australia for sending over a 6850K for the build!

U9tFYnI.jpg

StFv58h.jpg

Q5mWRcX.jpg

PDyx7u8.jpg

0IBRqUv.jpg

aIVjkua.jpg

SBR42fB.jpg

Time to get some water blocks on :D

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

I don't think I've done this many water blocks on a motherboard before, and GPUs will be added as well of course :P

I'm excited to pipe it all up!

I decided not to use the monoblock cover that comes with this Bitspower kit and I'll connect everything separately. It will work better with the look I am going for.

heArBx4.jpg

yvhfgkq.jpg

f8Ws3Im.jpg

P1POF1Z.jpg

KWwBY1z.jpg

P5iEuqh.jpg

MTZV5t2.jpg

vrpTJ0c.jpg

wBCrzvf.jpg

gW0mv51.jpg

pQAebRQ.jpg

3dBXVDs.jpg

94GzFTC.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Hey guys,

Here's some further progress of the way I mounted the reservoir/s and also some close-ups of the combo. You can also get a better look at the new back panel and the cut out in the mid section.

You can see the vinyl design for the fans and if you saw earlier in the build log, I showed the new CM RGB fans... well I ended up changing these to the red LED JetFlos to make things easier with the cabling; the RGB fans were adding one extra cable per fan and I would only want to have them on red for this build anyway so I didn't make sense to add the extra cables.

FZdLyM6.jpg

kjNLj6n.jpg

qnB1czF.jpg

kUHGGmw.jpg

27A6bc4.jpg

fO62ZaA.jpg

G5sRXD4.jpg

Nntd6kf.jpg

FUcAIGf.jpg

Rfoir1k.jpg

cC17vCZ.jpg

6PNW8t0.jpg

CNrwHDM.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned as I wrap up this build log.

Cheers,

Alex

Alright, motherboard is in, the reservoir is in, some of the tubes are in and the graphics cards have waterblocks on. I'm using reference 980s but hey it's not about the latest hardware with this build.

ZGrjgVQ.jpg

SuG6aBT.jpg

OE3IEUn.jpg

vLPMbe0.jpg

2q62X3c.jpg

qKot5Wf.jpg

ImdlZ6l.jpg

zsjr8kN.jpg

mI4d077.jpg

yUyzTQU.jpg

jcHFRQY.jpg

pG84uwk.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Okay guys, the build is actually finished at this time however I haven't had time to take final photos yet so I will share the last update!

X9mfpI5.jpg

wENfegA.jpg

ctdQGdd.jpg

eizQplx.jpg

eqSfv1s.jpg

3uXstTM.jpg

8CdaIU1.jpg

KzkvcMG.jpg

GaBi0qf.jpg

9XuN3HP.jpg

Y1pxily.jpg

2DzwhED.jpg

ENe3pOZ.jpg

AG3QtV9.jpg

1k5hMGF.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for final photos!

Cheers,

Alex

Archived