ZOTAC 840 Mod Box

coolmiester

Picked the finished Zotac mod box back up late tonight from DP CustomPaint and i was going to wait till daylight tomorrow to get some decent pictures but i couldn't wait tbh as it looks absolutely stunning so did the best i could with what i got.

These guys really did a fantastic job, i got to hand it to them its just a shame i can't do the 16 coats of deep gloss clear coat justice but hopefully it gives a good idea.........and i'll try for better soon.

Time to start adding some hardware i guess :)

mod_box_507.jpg

mod_box_500.jpg

mod_box_501.jpg

mod_box_502.jpg

mod_box_503.jpg

mod_box_504.jpg

mod_box_505.jpg

mod_box_506.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I probably should of done this before having the case painted but i love living dangerously and if Pete the painter is watching its probably best he skips this post :lol:

The mini USB jack that powers the Nitro was just interfering with the front bezel so harsh measures were needed in the shape of a power file just to remove a small channel for it to rest in..........anyway, it worked a treat and no damage done to the paintwork, plus you can't see it once the front bit is on there so job well done. And got the black plexi window for the Nitro but still to mount the 3 buttons.

Also got the top HWLabs 360 X-Flow rad mounted and also so a honeycomb mesh which looks just the ticket so all in all.......happy days :)

You also see the underlying honeycomb in the paint much better when pictured outdoors.

Lots of pictures as usual.....

mod_box_510.jpg

mod_box_511.jpg

mod_box_512.jpg

mod_box_514.jpg

mod_box_515.jpg

mod_box_516.jpg

mod_box_517.jpg

mod_box_518.jpg

mod_box_519.jpg

mod_box_520.jpg

mod_box_521.jpg

mod_box_522.jpg

omg can i buy that from u ?!?

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Sure you can :D

primochill_logo.gif

Took onboard a new sponsor that i've not worked with in the past so big shout out to Primochill for getting me a stack of gear over today including a couple of their new Typhoon III res/pump combos which i got to say look great though i would of preferred a more clean look on the front end for this mod but i'm certainly not complaining and lets give them a chance and see how they look once they got coloured liquid in (orange in the top and black in the lower one)

Quality seems great and the D5's mount perfectly and have no doubt they will bleed just as good as the DDC ones i made a while back so looking forward to getting these filled up.

Anyway, still waiting on fittings to get any further on but here's a few pictures of Typhoon III's both in and out the case...

primochill_1.jpg

primochill_2.jpg

primochill_4.jpg

primochill_7.jpg

primochill_6.jpg

primochill_8.jpg

primochill_9.jpg

primochill_10.jpg

primochill_11.jpg

I really wanted to hang fire and go Tri-Sli 285's but had a whole bunch of 7/16" Bitspower fittings and some Tygon hose here and basically couldn't wait any longer to get things started so ended up going with Skulltrail and pulled the 295 Infinity's from a previous mod which is a bit of a shame but at least it should be up and running tonight :)

zotac_1002.jpg

zotac_1001.jpg

zotac_1000.jpg

No laser cutting here........all done by hand :wink:

I used 1mm aluminium epoxied to 3mm plexi then cut the letters out with my trusty fret saw then sanded down the edges and polished the fronts which gives the whole thing a different dimension.

I just got to figure out how to LED these things up to get a nice glow coming from the edges just like the ZOTAC logo so i'm off to try a few things.

zotac_plexi_1.jpg

zotac_plexi_2.jpg

zotac_plexi_3.jpg

zotac_plexi_4.jpg

zotac_plexi_5.jpg

zotac_plexi_6.jpg

zotac_plexi_7.jpg

Archived