Cosmos Pure system (tower mod)

jones965

Coming along well, like the idea for mounting the radiator at the side of the chassis. Also good job making the rad cowling / guard.

Thanks!

UPGRADE!!

The next step was a separator box for the PSU. Because of the front radiator, a could not build a straight box, it had to be thinner in the front. Here I used my favorite 1 mm aluminum plate, designed the side of the cover to be easily removable If I want to swap the PSU.

95243_img_1360.jpg

95243_img_1363.jpg

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

Here I got to the point, when I had all the main inside and outside elements together, but the whole case needed to be tuned together. First I sanded the custom metal parts and painted with titanium base color. After three days sanded it once more, and gave it a matte finish layer. Unfortunately, the finish layer started to solve the basic layer.

95243_img_1383.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE!

At this point I started to install the water cooling. My first task was to upgrade the Aquaero 5 controllers cooling. I cut an old, copper Socket 478 to suitable form, and painted it black, to blend in.

IMG_1748.JPG

Cooling remove.

IMG_1749.JPG

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1753.JPG

IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1766.JPG

IMG_1767.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG

UPGRADE!

I installed the thermometer to the top radiators exit pipe. The pump find its lace in front of the PSU, I used 19/13 transparent silicone pipe for connecting the components.

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG

IMG_1764.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

The following hardware was installed:

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Formula

CPU: Core i7 3930K

Memory: Gskill Ripjaws 2133 MHz 4 x 4 GB

VGA: Asus HD 7970

System drive: OCZ Vertex 2 2 x 64 GB RAID

Storage drive: OCZ Octane 120GB

PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 850W - thank you Cooler Master Hungary!

IMG_1849.JPG

Archived