[Tower Mod] "Grey Matter" HAF 912 [Complete]

Jim Weist

Hello fellow modders!

I am happy with the timing of this competition as I will be able to enter with my current build because it should be done by the deadline! I have only used Cooler Master since I started building gaming rigs. My first Rig was a HAF 932. I have learned so much since I started modding and am pretty confident in my skills on this build and I am really excited to share my progress with everyone!

Here we go with my parts list. There is a possibility of change but I have an Idea of the direction I want to go. Ill post a photo of the components as I get them. They will all be up by deadline time.

<>PC Components:
[x] Case : Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower
[x] PSU : EVGA SuperNOVA 750W GoldPlus
[x] CPU: Intel I-7 3930k 6-core 3.2Ghz (3.8Ghz Turbo) 2011 Socket
[x] MoBo: Asus Rampage IV Gene
[x] RAM: 16Gb Gskill RipJaw Z series 1600 Mhz Cas #9
[x] GPU: EVGA 780GTX super clocked ACX cooler
[x] SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256Gb
[x] Optical: LG Slim Blu-ray Burner

<>Water Cooling System
[x] EKWB 240mm XT Radiator
[x] 2x EKWB 120mm XT Radiators
[x] 8x EKWB 90 Fittings
[x] 2x EKWB 1/2 ID - 3/4 OD Fittings
[x] 2x Bitspower G1/4" Female / Female Pass-Through Fitting / Fillport
[x] 2x EKWB Monarch x2 RAM water block
[x] 2x EKWB Monarch RAM Modules
[x] Swiftech MCP-655 PWM Pump
[x] EKWB D5 X-Top White Acetal Pump Top
[x] 8x Primochill White Revolver Rigid Fittings
[x] Rigid tubing

<>Key mods<>
[x] Custom acrylic paneling.
[x] Custom acrylic fan enclosure/radiator mount.
[x] Custom acrylic Blu-ray enclosure.
[x] Custom water cooling system.
[x] Custom acrylic rad covers.
[x] Handmade custom acrylic waterfall bay-style reservoir.
[x] Single sleeved power supply, by me.
[x] Vertical GPU mounted on mid-case shelf.
[x] 100% hidden wire management. Only cables seen are those meant to be seen.

I'm going to use this first post to edit hardware updates and any information about the build. Ill also input the photos of the hardware here, while some will still be in my actual posts and updates. My project can be found on the Bit-Tech forums where it was originally started. I have my introduction and one update on there so far so Ill bring this thread up to speed in my first post. Thanks for viewing everyone, Enjoy!
ieBZrmV.jpg

I purchased White Delrin Case Feet from MNPCtech http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-stereo-desktop-case-feet

mini_desktop_pc_case_feet_mnpctech_white

MNPCtech.com U-channel http://http//mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/u-channel-pc-computer-window-rubber-trim-molding-cable-management/24-x-12-clear-and-colored-acrylic-window-sheets-for-computer-case-windows-and-mods-clone.html

Uchannel1_6iva-5n.jpg

3m Scuff pads from MNPCtech.com http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/3m-scotchbrite-pads-sanding-buff-scuff-scotch/3m-scotchbrite-pads-en.html

3m_red_scotchbrite_pad_37447_07447_mnpct

Acrylic Tube Reamer from MNPCtech.com http://mnpctech.com/pc-mod-tools/acrylic-tubing-reamer/acrylic-tubing-and-pipe-reamer.html

tube_reamer_tool_primochill_acylic_tube_

Here I will post the component photos that are required.

<>PC Components:

[x] Case : Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower
[x] PSU : EVGA SuperNOVA 750W GoldPlus
5P5AqCT.jpg

[x] CPU: Intel I-7 3930k 6-core 3.2Ghz (3.8Ghz Turbo) 2011 Socket
GgeYeBH.jpg

[x] MoBo: Asus Rampage IV Gene
W5Fkavl.jpg

[x] RAM: 16Gb Gskill RipJaw Z series 1600 Mhz Cas #9
lpTn5io.jpg

[ ] GPU: EVGA 780Ti (possibly, maybe a Titan)

[x] SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256Gb
DiRRkPo.jpg

[x] Optical: LG Slim Blu-ray Burner
s3iaipi.jpg

Some Final Photos

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

f10.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to get everyone up to speed!

The first parts I picked up were the case and power supply. I figured I could spend the most time with them while waiting for money for other components.

5P5AqCT.jpg

Here they are laid out and I started removing some case panels.

HNhf6vt.jpg

After gutting the case, I'm left with my blank canvas!

U5Oa3xp.jpg

I sanded and washed the plastics to get ready for primer.

nd3Qe51.jpg

NJG6B7w.jpg

The primer colors were close to the actual paint scheme.

0N3EA9u.jpg

Got the few plastic parts painted then set them aside to continue working the interior. I really like this grey/white scheme.

XpWAAfD.jpg

Here are the materials for the internal mods. Acrylic from TAP Plastics. I don't like the grey its damn near black so Ill be wrapping panels with a grey carbon fiber material I bought. I'm going to be using MicroRAX for the interior framework.

lBO92Rd.jpg

yOHC41A.jpg

Here is a sneak peek at the sleeving, LutroOs Teleios sleeve. I recently picked up some light grey and I think Ill be using that instead of the dark grey.

kOZmXQa.jpg

Got to work cutting acrylic panels. I found that raw measurements and using a clamped fence with a skill saw help making panels perfectly straight and square.

qFPKCst.jpg

I glued in some supports to make a raised bottom panel for a nice flat surface to start on.

5z22Fmb.jpg

Here I started adding the microRAX framework.

Blke4Tr.jpg

This is where I left off at the end of this past weekend, Hopefully I can get some work done this coming week and its a payday weekend coming up so I should be scooping up some more parts. I absolutely love the microRAX, it really adds a nice professional touch to the project. some screw holes will be socket head and some will be flat head and counter sunk, Ill do that later on.

F76GQ2S.jpg

Here I wanted to show a close up of what the MicroRax look like and how they screw together.

CRCjR6q.jpg

Here I was test fitting the interior panels. It looks cool even looking like cardboard. Gonna be really dope when its all done.

0sErtbF.jpg

These are the radiators ill be using. Two 120mm rads in series on their side for the front, and a 240m rad for the roof panel.

zdrRKdl.jpg

I added nylon standoffs for the front rad to make it fit tight against the metal panel.

BKjlleW.jpg

Rads and PSU set in place for the bottom panel cut outs.

4uJEpx6.jpg

Fans hole for PSU and rad cut out.

oCFxKYn.jpg

Here is the laser cutter I was talking about, cutting my pieces.

Y6QFqRd.jpg

Here is what I had cut out by the laser CNC.

e6glBiW.jpg

rXvNNX6.jpg

I glued together the little pieces with acrylic cement to make my I/O panel and graphics card mounting block.

geiBX7Y.jpg

iSVvw94.jpg

Then I got to work on the front panel. I dropped some grey carbon on the left back drop and a clear window for my pump chamber on the right back drop.

oMEzg4t.jpg

1kM0zw1.jpg

Then I set in place to take a look..I love how it turned out, its gonna look badass.

EvSh47T.jpg

Here I got to work on the top panel.

FyETx01.jpg

I cut the hole with the jigsaw and a metal blade. Then I cleaned it up with the router and a file.

ybR0ptd.jpg

Set it in place to take a look.

KxDmFbw.jpg

Cut and set the rad and fan mount panel in place.

srCnEkN.jpg

I decided to make an enclosure for the fans with acrylic and modders mesh so I got to work on the supports and fan chamber frame.

kxHCzdM.jpg

I've been doing my gluing with TAP acrylic cement and a syringe they sent me. I need a hypodermic needle to get more accurate but Im making the one they gave me work for now.

JPXZoBp.jpg

Ive got the supports in place and welded in.

Wt3gWUw.jpg

To make it nice around the edges I overlapped and flush cut the edges with the router. Once the box is complete the top, sides and vertical edges will have a 1/4" round over.

JyqxB3r.jpg

Fans fit nice a cozy in there. The mesh will fold up into a rectangle and fit in the inner rectangle around the fans. There will be a panel to cover around the edges of the inner rectangle as well.

4NzfYUQ.jpg

I snapped a picture with the carbon laying there to get an idea of what it will look like when the enclosure is complete and wrapped in vinyl with a white mesh insert in the center..its gonna be slick lookin.

PdVDIAm.jpg

Here is where Im currently sitting, Ive managed to finish the fan enclosure for the top panel I just need to finish wrapping it in vinyl. Ill hopefully have an update in a week or two. I hope you like! Feel free to comment!

Hey everyone just updated my Bit-tech worklog this morning so I figured Id update over here as well.

I left off last update working on the radiator mounting fan enclosure. Here I taped on a template courtesy of MNPCTECH's website. They are available on there for free. I drilled the holes from the top side where I could center them in the enclosure.

ZFkFF1g.jpg

ZawJpOB.jpg

i8Ku7Ug.jpg

I printed the template on label paper, which is awesome for any sort of template, even from your own autocad drawings. I lined up the template with the holes on the other side and cut it out.

0Ehwde7.jpg

M9OWgSA.jpg

fAEPlI9.jpg

Then I sealed up the top side of the enclosure and flush trimmed the edges off with the router. Then used a round over bit on the top and vertical edges. I used some left over acrylic scraps for this because I planned on wrapping it with carbon fiber.

UXGtsMY.jpg

xGiQwkU.jpg

00wSW6P.jpg

Here is where I started wrapping in carbon fiber, only to realize I could not make the rounded corners without it looking like garbage.

g3i3gp0.jpg

So I reverted back, sanded the scrappy acrylic and filled the holes with the bondo spot puddy air hole filler. It filled the little holes and cracks very nicely.

E9blkuO.jpg

CsNMCd0.jpg

Primed it up and It looked like one solid piece. Then I hit it with the dark grey paint. I really like how it turned out.

VguNKrd.jpg

W766xVa.jpg

I put the carbon fiber on the bottom of the panel that will be seen from the interior because I wanted to still use it somewhere on this piece.

L8ozO4A.jpg

ehccqzI.jpg

It looks good sitting in place. I started working on the mesh fan cover for it. Measured it, cut it with the scroll saw, and bent it in the break.

SzOlwa6.jpg

GaTGAwZ.jpg

FSO4wGw.jpg

4XtWZyM.jpg

I tested the placement and it fit well, so I hit it with white paint to follow my color scheme.

dwYni16.jpg

XiAUSI7.jpg

To finish off the top I sanded down the top panel powder coating, then primed and hit it with white paint.

UON6Agl.jpg

heWupVL.jpg

When it was ready to put into place, I drilled out the top panel mounting screw holes in the top of the back panel and added the plastic inserts I got from McMaster Carr. They work amazingly and alleviates having to tap the acrylic. Just thread them to your screw and carefully tighten them into place.

qtHOF4Z.jpg

i6wmMqM.jpg

oH7Xd2n.jpg

I got a little bit of work done on the inside panel by notching out around the front panel rads. The first panel I cut with a scroll saw but then messed up the panel with misplaced screw holes. I remade them when I picked up an up-spiral straight cut router bit, which is amazing for straight cuts.It made it easier and looks cleaner. I burnt out the double flute straight carbide bit, that's when I switched to spiral. I try to use the router as much as I can because of the clean finish it leaves.

PsSrBWJ.jpg

62d2atz.jpg

WT5CABC.jpg

kMUuRJA.jpg

WIaBrSt.jpg

vcduLjr.jpg

Here is a final pic of where I am sitting with the mods. I wish I set on the front panel and took a wider shot, but its really starting to take shape now. I am going to focus on the interior panels now getting ready for motherboard placement along with gpu placement. I'm stoked on setting up the GPU, its going to be pretty cool and unique.

9NH1QuJ.jpg

Soon as I make some more progress and have an update I will continue to bring it over here! Have a good day all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! been a couple weeks since an update because we took a week to move my workshop out to our shed/poolhouse. After setting up the tools and organizing everything I got to work on some interior panels, radiator covers, and some painting! Tomorrow ill be ordering my new motherboard the Asus Rampage 4 Gene, and tonight Ill be tearing down my first build to harvest some parts from it. Ill be taking 16 gigs of the 32 gigs of memory, the Intel 3930k processor, and my Samsung 840 Pro series SSD. Ill be setting the case aside and possibly resurrecting it in the future.

Here are the pics from the last couple weeks! Enjoy!!:dremel:

First thing to kick off the update was a package from mnpctech.com! I Got the new white delrin case feet and a few other goodies.

IxVGteT.jpg

ioA0N23.jpg

Here is the cut out on the interior shelf. I first cut it with a scroll saw but the I came back with my new Bosch Colt palm router and straightened out the lines. This is my new modding weapon of choice! I cut the the first panel then clamped them together and flush cut the other. Then I made a inlay for the mod mesh, that I painted dark grey, to sit when I glue the two panels together. Finally I put a round over cut on the edge.

oxgEvlu.jpg

WFHfY5A.jpg

tldW1dz.jpg

amPfHQV.jpg

9V7j9Yw.jpg

cNkWUd3.jpg

95CLRJp.jpg

myXzSZu.jpg

TWqelBC.jpg

Now that panel is awaiting a couple water loop fittings and some other cuts later on. Now I got the work on the radiator covers. I made them with a white acrylic edge with a grey painted mod mesh inlay just like the interior shelf panel. They came out awesome and I'm thinking about making these to sell to people if anyone inquires.

rnHuUWm.jpg?1

P4gt5vH.jpg

Meg8wYQ.jpg

7Ker8vx.jpg

bqBdpLM.jpg

5ZMGBOs.jpg

lbf71sx.jpg

Here are some pics of my PSU. I took the cover off and taped it off for paint. I only painted the part that will be showing through the back panel. I had to mask off the interior of it behind the honeycomb so no paint got it. It came out nice.

SvQZASR.jpg

bTebWVZ.jpg

QBtBoLt.jpg

LuigQsq.jpg

Painted up my top panel white.

L0JPubh.jpg

Front panel in primer.

nkWW5Yn.jpg

I masked off and painted my radiators.

VXhPB1y.jpg

jRo9Ab3.jpg

YM95EDg.jpg

QrghqS1.jpg

The last thing I got done was paint the bottom panel and attach the white delrins. I made some white acrylic washers for the feet, I don't really know why but they looked kinda cool lol.

HqGzgnM.jpg

iiN3X0t.jpg

9pvDIu8.jpg

fcH8nSW.jpg

PX46cdE.jpg

That is all for now, stay tuned! New parts new week!

Hey guys! Here with another update. I Got a few parts in and harvested a few from my previous build that were newer. I made some progress working on mounting some parts and hopefully have that finished up this week, then start my handmade reservoir. Well here are the photos from the last week! Enjoy!

First thing I want to do is show the new parts and reused parts I got together.

First Ill start it out with the motherboard for this build, which arrived brand new on Wednesday from Newegg. Eventually to be covered up because of its color scheme lol. Rampage 4 Gene.

W5Fkavl.jpg

mQ9vpA4.jpg

YAVsgKz.jpg

This is my processor from my last build. Intel I-7 3930k. Followed by the water block, EK Supremacy and I custom painted its mounting metal part white.

GgeYeBH.jpg

VFCQHjY.jpg

My solid state drive from my last build. A Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB.

DiRRkPo.jpg

Memory from the last build. Ill be getting EK universal heat sinks and EK monarch water blocks for them. G. Skill Ripjaws Z-Series. 1600Mhz 32GB shown, Ill only be using half of it.

lpTn5io.jpg

New LG slim blu-ray burner. 6x burn speeds. Ill be building an enclosure for this drive on the top of my hand made bay style reservoir.

s3iaipi.jpg

The silver kill coil I took out of my other water loop.

Xwdw9BM.jpg

The pump from my last build that I will be using. This thing is great, Swiftech Pwm.

YSui67k.jpg

My new EK water block for the Swiftech pump came in, so I went ahead and assembled it.

hpRhVu1.jpg

nl9BcFF.jpg

bZTyIZ9.jpg

vxYt9fh.jpg

I bought Bitspower bulkheads to bring tubing into the pump chamber. I wish EK made these because Id prefer to use them for my entire loop. Im still figuring out pump placement in the chamber, once I line up my pump placement Ill install the other bulkhead.

ywQjK06.jpg

4yxTzA6.jpg

MWfNOAg.jpg

xuRTT0B.jpg

oVoKjzb.jpg

While I was working here I decided to test fit all the panel screws for my shroud. I also have a couple pics to show how to set the MicroRax fasteners. I tighten a longer screw into it to leave a mark behind where it needs to be, then insert the set screw into the other hole to hold it in place.

UtUBfJM.jpg

Y8Sq76H.jpg

feIcNa8.jpg

9fxVkj6.jpg

Heres my painted radiators with their covers on them. They just need a hole pattern drilled out.

FpPSJWq.jpg

Here I decided to wrap my bottom panel in the carbon fiber because the glued edges weren't that great because it was the first time I glued that material. Now it looks sweet.

VOb8J5i.jpg

EkQ8ar5.jpg

Db5n6HR.jpg

Next I got to mounting my motherboard. I laid down the board in the right spot with the IO panel on to mark that off as well. I traced the hole pattern and drilled the holes out. Then I put in the M3 threaded inserts for plastic and attached the 5mm M3 standoffs. Then attached the motherboard with 2x 25mm M3 standoffs connected together to hold the motherboard shroud Ill be making.

llQYkcE.jpg

K8483Qb.jpg

QvWdUWA.jpg

4hPU5HY.jpg

nrTtyIO.jpg

2glz3L0.jpg

Once the motherboard was attached I got the IO panel in place. I wrapped the outside in carbon fiber and glued it on. Then made a pilot hole and flush cut the IO panel.

jjra4Yd.jpg

06uCjwY.jpg

WfUJaxe.jpg

0Kupl38.jpg

The last thing I got to was making the cuts int he middle panel for the GPU extension cable and get placement for GPU mounting. Ill be getting one of the higher quality 3m shielded PCI-e riser cables when I finalize it.

mqYc3D3.jpg

3lu94Lm.jpg

JLymUiM.jpg

nMbSuuf.jpg

That's all I have for now, should have another update next Monday! Have a good week guys! Comments welcome!

Hey guys, back with another weekly update. I am waiting on acrylic cement syringes so I couldnt get as much done as I wanted to but I got a little bit accomplished this week. Here we go:

First I started with making a motherboard shroud. It was going to look awesome and I was super excited only to find out it hit the radiator in my top panel. So I cut it down and made it half size. Im going to add to some acrylic to it up the let side when I get my syringes. It will have embedded LED's to make it glow.

beknhKU.jpg

iCo67eN.jpg

CjVZDTg.jpg

NsyeekU.jpg

Cn2G73K.jpg

wACU8cJ.jpg

fiqXa6O.jpg

7cI358C.jpg

yFlD5Fy.jpg

TIpFyOk.jpg

rJUBABE.jpg

04m0ApG.jpg

My EKWB 2x Monarch RAM water blocks came in, so I got them prepped and painted, they are currently drying Ill have more photos of them next week.

9BO7A2d.jpg

ng7Ydop.jpg

mPWnsWB.jpg

I ended up peeling off the EK badges instead of taping them off.

YooUBdx.jpg

The other part here being primed is the motherboard heat sink.

iQCK416.jpg

Painted the RAM had to flip and prime the MB sink so its off to the side.

kJvT82V.jpg

Here is a couple photos of testing out some fittings, then I installed the second and final bulkhead through the middle panel.

U5SgGsh.jpg

Bluw9Dj.jpg

j35pUcA.jpg

MjltR4m.jpg

Going with my grey carbon accents I wrapped my Samsung Pro SSD

3IB089H.jpg

OdrnXiI.jpg

Here are photos of some lighting options Ill be using and I started sleeving some wires for the front panel and PSU, I still have a few more to do. I remade my own VGA power wires because the EVGA PSU came with red wires so I remade them with white because it was showing through the white sleeve. I used LutroO's Teleios sleeving with the non-heat shrink method. I also changed the connectors that will be seen with white connectors and I am using white heat shrink for when I sleeve things that require it.

6Xoadz9.jpg

7pmfx5d.jpg

30p6TOH.jpg

FMbmXrq.jpg

mNC8JcG.jpg

qUBkPXn.jpg

L380mEZ.jpg

HgFIFI8.jpg

hBPwYc9.jpg

pVGyb1F.jpg

U6dNzva.jpg

KkYoeoV.jpg

C9caqH9.jpg

fB8Gc3J.jpg

Ul739VR.jpg

I cut wire routing holes in the center panel for running my cables from the PSU chamber. Clamp a fence and hit up the Bosch Colt. I love that thing!:dremel:

kZzigyW.jpg

XpIXEjx.jpg

6T3yQIT.jpg

Looking like a CNC did the job! :thumb:

UsvYFIN.jpg

oftU9Bg.jpg

NNgl1Cx.jpg

gwv6T67.jpg

That's all I have for now. I hope to have a bigger update next week. I kinda added extra pics this week to make up for it. Next week I'm hoping to have a front panel made, and my disc drive chamber along with my hand made reservoir built and mounted.

Hey again! Back with another weekly update! Got some work done this week, I didn't have most of my parts until the weekend but I got my reservoir built and leak tested. I just need to trim it and finish it up. Here are the photos. Enjoy:thumb:

First off I wanna put up the new parts. Here is a new bit for my Bosch Colt router. Its a 1/8" double flute up-spiral bit for more intricate cuts now.

d5leOe1.jpg

I bought four ENERMAX 120mm PWM fans. White with white LED's. I also have 2 fan filters for the input fans.

K5pcjmZ.jpg

Here are some fittings I got. I still need some more but I wanted enough to make up most of my acrylic tubing bends get that ready. I got the new Primochill white Revolver fittings and more EK-CSQ 90° fittings.

gQl84lG.jpg

Z1axczh.jpg

k8z5Doh.jpg

More goodies from MNPCtech.com. Some U-channel molding and 3m scotch bright scuffing pads.

Here are some links to find them.

http://www.mnpctech.com/UChannel.htm

http://www.mnpctech.com/3m_scotchbrite_pads_red.html

4gu90mI.jpg

Im really liking this thinner lower profile channeling. Its what I plan to use on my window.

XV5tFqR.jpg

I got two 6 foot pieces of acrylic tubing. I have extra available at 2$/foot if anyone is interested.

J8W4OqL.jpg

So lets get to the work. First thing I started to tackle was the door panel. I cut the panel out and painted it grey. Right now I am waiting on white plasti-dip that I want to try and use on the u-channel molding. I will add the acrylic window once I test the plasti-dip.

7MkaZfn.jpg

I cut off all the metal edges on the inside of the panel. ill be mounting it differently at a later date.

2dtBAZU.jpg

I got it down to bare metal and cut the panel out.

Ip3dLtD.jpg

mKmIv59.jpg

Cyp5Fzf.jpg

I got it down to here but ended up cuting off the metal tabs.

iBo0akv.jpg

I primed and scuffed the panel for paint. Then used the tack clothe to remove the dust before spraying.

sLOpVAE.jpg

eBP1LJF.jpg

I painted it with the dark grey and held it up for a photo. I will finish hopefully for the next update.

2vOZXvu.jpg

9QIJvy3.jpg

I painted the motherboard heat sink white with the high temp paint. To add more white to the motherboard.

waomZHa.jpg

NF9N2BG.jpg

I finished painting the ram modules white and put them together and installed the blocks.

0Wde6x7.jpg

oEEIpT1.jpg

JXeMRYb.jpg

oFoys3D.jpg

I remade my GPU rear panel mount with 1/4" acrylic.

nvfY8hS.jpg

3pAjXj8.jpg

7PXkIwA.jpg

I decided to use the clear 3m tap to put on my rad covers instead of drilling them. I think it looks much much cleaner like this.

kxSHIrQ.jpg

UTohrDp.jpg

Earlier in the week I did a test fit to show the rigid tubing in the build. These are the older Primochill fittings here.

GqbupQM.jpg

OH8656c.jpg

Now for the coolest part of the update. My handmade acrylic waterfall reservoir. I used 3/8" clear acrylic. It was kind of rugged I could of used 1/4". The inside chamber is made of 1/8"clear acrylic. I will be adding white 1/8" acrylic trim to all the panel faces on the reservoir which will hide all the glued seams. This is just the building of the main structure followed by a leak test. Ill have it finalized for next update.

Sb1dlpf.jpg

Zcy1krG.jpg

I wanted to point out the difference of a table saw vs. the Bosch Colt with a spiral bit. So much cleaner of a cut.

8XeFPLB.jpg

You know your a modder when you get excited when you cut is so on point it splits your pencil line in half. I tried to show that here. :dremel: :lol:

RKLBpq1.jpg

The first couple panels glued together.

N75pVDF.jpg

Drilled and tapped output and input holes.

oPJqofY.jpg

elqrLOj.jpg

qnDsMf1.jpg

Started to add the top chamber.

ypRszZ4.jpg

Drilled and tapped a fill port.

dtAbYCJ.jpg

In place ready for the sides. In hindsight I should of measured to add the sides on top the edge instead of measuring to fit the sides in between the edges. Either way it worked out. With the white trim I add you wont be able to tell either way.

EwlxWUw.jpg

58h2gFF.jpg

saDVHCq.jpg

Once the sides were on, I left the top off just in case I needed to to anything inside. I would set it on for the testing with running water.

GCO6CPL.jpg

I jumped out my PSU to run the pump and set up a stand. Also bent up a little rigid tubing for the test stand. I used a box at first then I made a wooded stand.

YkI9l4S.jpg

lURIHK0.jpg

rOJfCTC.jpg

XhmLsqW.jpg

I added red dye to the water so you could see it better. After the test I found two small leaks. I drained the reservoir and seal them up. Its working flawless now. I should have that finished with the trim and mounted in place for net update. Here is a video I made of the reservoir running so you can get the full effect. I cant wait to see this with the white trim and Mayhems pastel white mixed up with red and green dye to make a grey pastel. Enjoy the vid! Thanks for watching. :clap:

**Sorry I cant figure out how to embed the video on this forum, here is a link =D OR, click the link to grey matter in my signature, The video is embedded in my Bit-tech work log**

Thats all I have for this week. Tune in next Monday for another update!:thumb:

Archived