(TOWER MOD) WORLD RECORD CASEMOD, DCMM COLOSSUS [COMPLETED]

Ali Abbas

Here is the first post for my entry for the coolermaster 2013 casemod or as called TOWER category in the competition.

WORLD RECORD CASEMOD

THE WORLDS LARGEST FULLY FUNCTIONAL COMPUTER MOUSE.

This build is called D.C.M.M. COLOSSUS and is a fully fledge computer mouse, just about a hundred times larger. It is s recognised world record and is the first of its kind. It is not just a huge mouse with which we can use the buttons and scroll wheel and move it around and so forth, but its also a full fledge PC. when moved around on it equally colossal mousepad i made, the cursor pointer we see on the screen is generated by the PC which is housed in its hold. The VGA signal is sent wireless. If I plus its usb key into a differnet PC then it can be used just like any regular mouse with a 1.5 volt battery. Otherwise when in PC mode it needs just the 1 wire. It also hold an electronically extractable webcam and atiny keyboard and loudspeakers. Apart from that it has two smokers on the top. The whle design concept should imitate and depict the sensation of speed and acceleration. It is 21.5 Kilos of muscle steel and sex appeal and it measures 98x28x68cm in size.

more to come. :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are the first sketches and pics.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

opened up a mouse

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

this old lawnmower wheel has good karma, it will live on in the DCMM COLOSSUS :lol:

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

f9.jpg

this build is based upon a noname case actually an ACER workstation desktop case.

f10.jpg

f11.jpg

f12.jpg

f13.jpg

f14.jpg

f15.jpg

f16.jpg

f17.jpg

f18.jpg

f19.jpg

f20.jpg

f21.jpg

f22.jpg

f23.jpg

f24.jpg

f25.jpg

f26.jpg

f27.jpg

f28.jpg

f29.jpg

geting the proportional sizes right,,,,the grill is from an old case i had.
f30.jpg

f31.jpg

f32.jpg

this is actually the backbone top of the whole build.

f33.jpg

f34.jpg

f35.jpg

side vents need some cuts

f36.jpg

f37.jpg

f38.jpg

f39.jpg

f40.jpg

f41.jpg

f42.jpg

time to actually glue in the cherry mouse. took this one because its nice and flat.

f43.jpg

f44.jpg

here you can actually see the mouse mechanism, will all be aone module, which can be atken out and placed in. it would actually work alone without the whole construction, but technology needs a housing that looks good
f45.jpg
w mid wheel as transmission to change the scroll direction back to the right way and so that the real little scroll wheel always has contact with the clickable hence movable huge one. works great

f46.jpg

f47.jpg

f48.jpg

f49.jpg

f50.jpg

more to come,,,,here is the firt mouse mecha test on YT

• 2 weeks later...

seeing as i want this monster mouse to look as if its all aboiut speed and acceleration, here are the first mouse button wings that will eventually look a bit like mudguards type of mouse buttons.

f51.jpg

f52.jpg

f53.jpg

f54.jpg

f55.jpg

f56.jpg

f57.jpg

hi guys, and here are some more pics of the progress.
display frame fo tthe temp guage

f58.jpg

f59.jpg

f60.jpg

f61.jpg

f62.jpg

the next jobs was getting the very complicated thumb and finger rests made in their oversized dimensions.
f63.jpg

f64.jpg

f65.jpg

f66.jpg

f67.jpg

f68.jpg

f69.jpg

f70.jpg

f71.jpg

f72.jpg

f73.jpg

f74.jpg

f75.jpg

side vents, will hold 40mm fans for the top smokers

f76.jpg

f77.jpg

f78.jpg

f79.jpg

f80.jpg

i cut out inlay for the little windows and used them as negative hammer in parts for the the mesh vents

f81.jpg

f82.jpg

f83.jpg

f84.jpg

f85.jpg

f86.jpg

f87.jpg

f88.jpg

f89.jpg

f90.jpg

f91.jpg

these are the actual mouse click switch holders, wont be visible of course.

f92.jpg

f93.jpg

f94.jpg

and here are some more progressive pictures.
f95.jpg

here i am building the camera slide from a video recorder motor and cable channelling as the slider.

f96.jpg

f97.jpg

f98.jpg

f99.jpg

f100.jpg

f101.jpg

f102.jpg

f103.jpg

f104.jpg

f105.jpg

f106.jpg

f107.jpg

f108.jpg

f109.jpg

f110.jpg

f111.jpg

f112.jpg

f113.jpg

f114.jpg

f115.jpg

f116.jpg

f117.jpg

f118.jpg

f119.jpg

and here i have integrated the rear wheel element of a R.A.T., not as the rat function but the opener knob for the rear hatch.it should just resemble this mouse feature.

f120.jpg

f121.jpg

f122.jpg

f123.jpg

f124.jpg

f125.jpg

f126.jpg

f127.jpg

f128.jpg

f129.jpg

f130.jpg

f131.jpg

f132.jpg

f133.jpg

es sieht aus wie batmobil :D

Warum hast du Scharnier nicht auf der Innenseite fur cleaner look?

thanks mate, stimmt batmobil hat auch teils model gestanden.

die scharniere sind von ein alte nähmaschine und ich wollte das mann sie sehen kann. warts ab, mit farbe schauen die toll aus.

das sind scharniere mit 3 teile also 2x biegeteile, bleiben aber so nicht, more to come. :D

Archived