[Scratch Build] - Little Worker

thechoozen

Hy,

this is my "little Worker".

It´s completely made of aluminium with a custom watercooling setup. It´s made as host computer for my

3D Printer, therefor the name.

I choosed an really open design for this case, so that it always gets enough fresh air too stay cool even through long printing sessions in a warm enviroment :D

But enough of the words...here are the first pictures :D

the design of the case was mainly developed while building it, but i made one sketch before i start with the building process...

0.jpg

after that i started to cut out the Mainboardtray from a huge sheet of aluminium...

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

beside that i also started to cut out the first sheds, which will be used for the front of the case

7.jpg

9.jpg

then, after finishing all the needed Cutouts in the mainboardtray, i bended the lower section of the tray...

10.jpg

11.jpg

and i also bended the first set of sheds....

15.jpg

As next i started to take some measurements of the radiator

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

The next step was, that i cutted out the last sheds for the front and bended them, so that all the sheds for the front has the same angles...

17.jpg

18.jpg

After that i switched back to the radiator...and cutted it into pieces.... :D

19.jpg

20.jpg

then it was time to check if the measurements were correct :D

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

as next i started to build the main frame on which everything else should be mounted on....

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

time for the next update:

after assembling the frame for the first time, i did a few tests to see if all parts would fit like suggested (fans, psu etc.)

45.jpg

46.jpg

after that i started to give the radiator a new shape....

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

i also made a base on which the radiator will be mounted...

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

• 8 months later...

after mounting the radiator on the base i continued with the Front of the case....First i had to cut a few massive aluminium parts so that i could weld them together as a frame in which i could mount the prepared sheds....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

After that i took an old Coolermaster Sidepanel and made a big cutout in it, so that i could use it as a sidepanel for the right side of the case....

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

as next i mounted the Frontgrill on the sidepanel and i also prepared the left sidepanel....

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

then i continued with Top&Bottom for the Case.....

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

After finishing the preparations on the Top & Bottom Part, i made a grill for the Top....

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

The next step was that a few more preparations had to be done....so i had to cut out a few more massive aluminum parts for the feets of the case, beside that i cutted out a few plexiglas pieces to build a custom watercooling reservoir

and i drilled a few Blowholes in the bottom so that i could mount 2 Fans there, the radiator gets brushed and the sheds of the Top Grill were bended....

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

and then, finally the time to mount the hardware comes....

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

Archived