Hello everyone and welcome to one of my entries for this year's Case Mod World Series!

Project Sky Three is a mod that brings the concept of "stacking" to a new level: three cases, Q300P in particular, are modified to be unified into a single case, that's very tall and can house insane amount of cooling for its footprint.
It's specifically themed after the Sky Tree, a beautiful tower in Tokyo.

First of all, let's take a look at the three cases out of the box.

YCz1GXil.jpg

gq4TTm9l.jpg

abhVAAFl.jpg

Y8x2EPpl.jpg

YAcWmonl.jpg

Now, after having torn apart the cases to leave the frame alone, I started taking measurements for the L profile that will fix the cases together.

mF4CpvCl.jpg

Mi1cSocl.jpg

eQrBYHdl.jpg

1P5n1b9l.jpg

I actually tried three different layout for the L profiles, the first was my original idea and it included four profiles on all angles, but it was way to squared and weird looking

dTTpeotl.jpg

So I moved on to an alternate layout, two profiles connecting first and second case, and two connecting second and third. It looked even weirder to me, and probably not sturdy enough

DRmghf1l.jpg

The third attempt was the successful, I really like this layout and will stick with this

UDcCKMLl.jpg

For the feet, I bought some furniture handles and adapted them

zKSgUSYl.jpg

LLBqHcRl.jpg

GxMUs7ml.jpg

As you saw, two angles will feature tubes between the cases, to allow a perfect alignment and stability. Two secure them, I use two little wooden bars for each tube, attached to the cases. This way, before I mount the case, I simply slide the tube in place and let it do the job

jzfLjdbl.jpg

cCmUF2Ql.jpg

mPwsIs7l.jpg

oRVpitnll.jpg

mIA1ROFl.jpg

After having the cases fixed, I started putting threaded rivets on the sides of the cases, which will secure panels with fans and some cool lighting pieces I salvaged from the front section of the Q300P's.

38O0riol.jpg

WvJ8Fhgl.jpg

MDalTtgl.jpg

Today we'll take a look at the side hinged panels that will house the intake fans, some case-cutting to start making room for everything and the gigantic radiators paired with amazing reservoir/pumps from Watercool and fans from Noiseblocker!

Hoping to bring you guys some nice photos of the hardware I received so far as soon as possible!

So let's start with the making of the hinged panels

4QO4Dg3l.jpg

DDEvLBel.jpg

FoOmh4rl.jpg

1qbzR92l.jpg

wgFE0esl.jpg

iFlzH6El.jpg

tTsUhBrl.jpg

HBqSxmDl.jpg

Now to the front aluminum strips and first big cuts to the cases

Knp63Cml.jpg

kIKfiQql.jpg

Almost everything cut down, top case is next for the lifting

wpD3YASl.jpg

All three hinged panels completed at my booth at Campus Party Italia :D

MM87L8bl.jpg

Fantastic combo of Watercool/Heatkiller rads and res/pumps, together with some nice Noiseblocker fans. This will be soooo cool in so many ways!!

lhRZJbMl.jpg

Now making the mounting for those combos from 8mm tinted acrylic

LzC8fYSl.jpg

NDTPi9Zl.jpg

ibog4Jel.jpg

And here they are mounted

GtARoxBl.jpg

4Ss7O5yl.jpg

p1HjkPsl.jpg

This time we'll see a lot of panelling, on the back, on the front, in the inside...

At the back we'll find a window all around the I/O area

Rd7xGUQl.jpg

At the front, I put two aluminum strips that will replace the middle tubes as I don't like them very much and don't help the structure integrity

fj3kV4Ll.jpg

To recall the handles of the original cases, Coolermaster Q300P, I decided to put new aluminum ones at the angles in the front, these will also allow a more comfortable time moving this beast around if necessary

QJFEQDIl.jpg

jPTfIkil.jpg

In the lower area, I made a cover that will house all the cables from fans and pumps

oyqqu1Ol.jpg

7SHe2jnl.jpg

For the cables that will run all the way from the PSU to the bottom, I made some covers to mount between the cases

fNbbMBrl.jpg

PUvAqDil.jpg

And to close this update with the bang, I started working on the hardware compartment with a lot of panelling, we will also see the mounting position of the SATA SSD from Adata XPG

J1zqCDVl.jpg

EZsqpRul.jpg

Currently working on some boring stuff like little cuts on the cases to make everything fit properly, I'm close to starting the paint phase. While we wait, I'll show you some of the hardware that will go in the build. Powered by Adata XPG, Watercool and Asrock! :D

ZiNUrOVl.jpg

tY4iXnvl.jpg

tVywO32l.jpg

M38kPldl.jpg

MbESZDDl.jpg

6duVyB2l.jpg

kiPLoj2l.jpg

UqEW7vvl.jpg

2k6KwvEl.jpg

Zp2dZ6sl.jpg

babOFzAl.jpg

BAdGmE7l.jpg

3u496jVl.jpg

Mounting system for the fan controller

FSPrydil.jpg

BrAPOdHl.jpg

MKmp4fol.jpg

This midplate is something you'll soon see what it's there for

C27Gi0ql.jpg

Attached four lightbars to the center case for a particular lighting effect

96fB3B2l.jpg

Started the paintjob and polishing phase for the aluminum profiles

KANXXkcl.jpg

s7dxLj4l.jpg

6VsoxjNl.jpg

LcOSODWl.jpg

imvJFpbl.jpg

yUxJ9Fzl.jpg

A lot of cables run all across the three cases so I had to insert them before assembling the structure

PU43SFjl.jpg

R5xeXJxl.jpg

And the paintjob goes on with other panels, Sky Three logo and Tokyo skyline

QQeHsv8l.jpg

SVIVCsjl.jpg

18oSscil.jpg

2OEWNoSl.jpg

This is the dark side of this build: lots of cables at the bottom for the 14 fans, two pumps and all the RGB lights

oFkODDil.jpg

Time for some eye candy with a lighting test

NX7qe2Kl.jpg

QnzGxjil.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Very last update before the final photos and video! It's time for tubing, a few more panels, cable management and final tweaks here and there.

Let's start with the tubing and a very particular routing

52nlQ3Dl.jpg

1KYtutLl.jpg

NTh0Ajol.jpg

AkZsHsDl.jpg

Composite panel to close the bottom of the top case, along with clear smoked rear panel

PPUbU9fl.jpg

Ij4uu90l.jpg

0miCpUnl.jpg

Cable management at the top. This was tricky

lW8lSm3l.jpg

A7Bs7fhl.jpg

Finally mounted the in-between covers for the cables that run across the cases

y8xH8XMl.jpg

Last two painted panels for SSD and mini front cover with signature and glimpse of the coolant!

7kaCgSQl.jpg

All ready to be fired up! Windows installed :D

QNSSIrhl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

After a few months, Asrock hooked me up with a new motherboard for Sky Three, and since I had changed my art name after having completed this project, I had to change the name plate as well. Also, I gave another fast round of polishing to the aluminum profiles since they had got a bit rough with time.

yLkgO6bl.jpg

4jsoLQll.jpg

EDK9LAYl.jpg

XAA9QEzl.jpg

Aaand ready for final shooting. Pic next to his little brother who's also entering, Realgar :D

CWPww8dl.jpg

Project Sky Three is reborn today, stronger than ever for the #CMWS19Finals
A tribute to the Tokyo Sky Tree and the Cooler Master Stacker Series, this mod brings the high end watercooling concept to a whole new level, with a smaller footprint and dual 480mm radiator. Endless lighting combinations, for every type of taste, from the stealth white to the RGB rainbow, just like the Sky Tree tower. Sleek metallic look with polished aluminum. This is a triple Q300P with same footprint but extremely enhanced capabilities. The top case is barely modified so it keeps the MicroATX form factor and the overall the original layout.

Specs:

Case: 3x Cooler Master Q300P
Motherboard: Asrock B365M Phantom Gaming 4
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 FE
RAM: XPG ADATA Spectrix D41 32gb 3000MHz
SSD: XPG ADATA Gammix D11 240gb m.2 + UX950 240gb SATA
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W
Watercooling: Watercool Heatkiller for components, Alphacool for fittings and tubing
Fans: Noiseblocker M12-3 for radiators, bundle RGB fans from the Q300P's for airflow

YLViSgfl.jpg

kPlcTyrl.jpg

dv46PmXl.jpg

VlW0AzAl.jpg

jrAOHnOl.jpg

pXN7HlRl.jpg

ZZKOB8Nl.jpg

CA1EJDVl.jpg

BSdUDrrl.jpg

cFCGUwRl.jpg

vST7Adll.jpg

3nvcphBl.jpg