ZOTAC 840 Mod Box

coolmiester

I really wanted to hang fire and go Tri-Sli 285's but had a whole bunch of 7/16" Bitspower fittings and some Tygon hose here and basically couldn't wait any longer to get things started so ended up going with Skulltrail and pulled the 295 Infinity's from a previous mod which is a bit of a shame but at least it should be up and running tonight :)

zotac_1002.jpg

zotac_1001.jpg

zotac_1000.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are probably sick of seeing this crap and i wasn't going to post this but its something a little different this time.......honest :)

I used 1mm aluminium epoxied to 3mm plexi then cut the letters out with my trusty fret saw then sanded down the edges and polished the fronts which gives the whole thing a different dimension.

I just got to figure out how to LED these things up to get a nice glow coming from the edges just like the ZOTAC logo so i'm off to try a few things.

zotac_plexi_1.jpg

zotac_plexi_2.jpg

zotac_plexi_3.jpg

zotac_plexi_4.jpg

zotac_plexi_5.jpg

zotac_plexi_6.jpg

zotac_plexi_7.jpg

You guys are probably sick of seeing this crap

I for one am loving it all...

It has inspired me to improve on some older mods I have done & even start a few new projects too.

Keep the pics & descriptions coming.

Dr. T

w00t!

Nice work...

That Red "O" stand out pretty awsome.

The other letters, perhaps it's the way your cam registers the light but I cannot work out if they are supposed to be bright white or bright blue, it could also be the reflection of light from behind the letters.

I'd imagine that they are bright white right?

Just goes to show you what experience does. I would not have painted the case until I had all my mods in place, then disassembled everything to send the case in for painting. I sure would´nt want to mess up such a sassy paint job. Kudos!

• 5 weeks later...

Uhhhh! Low blow! Although, inspite the sponsorship, etc., I do remember seeing Coolermiester worklogs that showed him using simple stuff like a file and a dremel (uses a lot of thick aluminum) and keen eyesight and coordination. So, there is no doubt that he knows his stuff. I myself sub-contract things I cannot do due to a lack of tools. As a matter of fact, several have done so in this contest, just not to the extent and cost of the fantastic paint job (my acrylic "hoops" cost me around $18 usd total-not a lot but it saved me a lot of time and pain).

Atleast Coolermiester admitted that someone else did the paint job vs. saying that it was his. It is not stated, but maybe DP Custompaint is also a sponsor? To recap, he is a long-time modder and having won in competitions earns him a "Master Modder" badge/title. It just depends on the interpretation of the CM rules how much outside work will be admitted on a project--anyways, not arguing here, this is a kick-:) mod!

Saludos/Cheers

Archived