Elite goes Luxury

der_george

Hi.

I am new here. :0)

My name is George and I want to show you my new build. I am a poor student on a tight budget, but I really love my modding. (One day I would love to make cases professionaly)

Problem is I can't afford nice luxury cases (like the ATCs) so I will have to build one myself.

So I bought myself a Coolermaster Elite 333 to mod.

1_450x600.jpg

I chose it because first of all its cheap and secondly because it is still very well made and has the build quality you expect from Coolermaster.

I want it to look very clean from the outside and it has to be very light but sturdy because it will be my everyday case that has to move around with me. (Weight on arrival 6,5Kg)

Day one:

Unboxing:

2_450x600.jpg

(Sadly one of the 5 ¼'' bezels came loose during transport and decided do go flying around in the box, which left one bent bezel an one scratched case. Luckily I am modding it so it doesn't really matter.)

3_450x600.jpg

Disassembling:

4_800x600.jpg

And this is what I will keep:

5_800x600.jpg

Did a very quick mock up out of cardboard to see if I really like the shape that I had mocked up in my head in real and to measure it up roughly so I know how much aluminium and acrylic I need.

6_800x600.jpg

Then I got rid of some more stuff I don't need.

7_800x600.jpg

Removed the 3 ½'' bays by drilling into the rivets:

8_450x600.jpg

I hope to get the weight down to 3 Kg before I start to rebuild it :0)

That was the end of day one. I hope you enjoyed it. I did. :0)

Archived