The Giant Silencer : Scratch Build made from Al

Cleinor

Hi there everyone!!

I'm gonna build a pc case from aluminium, but not the ordinary way.

My plan was to create a case using aluminium lamels. To tell you the truth, the original plan was to create a water cooling unit, where the case it self would have been the radiator, but I've no sponsor for that, so I remain low budget, approximately 150$

The main desing path was the shapes. No curve, just edges, and bends.

I wanted to have a huge space, this case isn't designed for only one configuration, no. It's for any kind of content. That's why it's diameters are 500x300x800 (L W H)

The cooling is cardinal. Also the silence. I'll get both done.

2 Cooler Master Megaflow 200 red on the bottom.

2 Cooler Master Case Fan 12cm R4-L2R-20AG-R2 LED Red Sickleflow on the top.

Modified FPS PSU, Cooler Master Fan inside

Every fan will be controlled

Let the pictures speak for themselves.

post-64755-13880423146777_thumb.png

post-64755-13880423147797_thumb.png

Hola gleinor!

The cad project looks impressive and daring! And low budgets don't mean anything in scratch mods, I testify. The finning is very doable with acrylic but of course, it lacks the cooling properties of aluminum, although it would be cheaper yet.

I look forward to seeing how you make this great design, best of luck!

Cheers and Saludos

Hi there PaPang!

Thank you for your wishes :)

I've already cut the Al lamels, and blended them. Sunday I'll load up photos from them, I borrow a normal camera for this project from a friend.

I've finished with disassembling the psu, it's cabels are ready to be sleeved, but I'll have to wait for my 3/8" red sleeves. It was quite a challenge to do it without the proper tool, but with 1,5 hour of work I succeeded :)

Cheers!

Archived