[MNPCTech] Project: Rebel Alliance CMII

Andrew_K

The goal is hiding all of the tubing out of sight.

Andrew in the workshop, he revised the connectors a bit and started routing the lines and tubing for the 480 EK radiator on top. This radiator has it's own EK Res on top, the other EK Res will connect to the front 480 for the quad 680GTXs. I recorded his progress for Part 3 of the videos highlighting his build, that will be posted HERE. Notice there is no cable holes in the MB tray for the ASUS Rampage IV, the lutro0 individually sleeved cables will curl and tuck under the MB. The Typhoon fans were painted to match the red on the exterior of the case.

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_andrew1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_andrew2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_andrew3.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_andrew4.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent our files for the four water blocks to another shop for Quote, I don't know if you heard recent Mod Zoo Podcast, but I mentioned in Opening, that last quote we got for four 680 GTX Classified water block assemblies to be made, was $5,500...Higher than we expected, but Mnpctech can't make the blocks, since their machines are tied to retail part commitments for this year.... So, as it stands, if this other shop's Quote is too much, Andrew is considering selling off his four 680 GTX classifieds for $550 apiece, shipped....He will purchase different video cards and use retail blocks, which would most likely be from EK.

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew and I have been busy, but haven't forgotten about sharing updates. We've got gap between production runs coming up and Cheaps offered to make the acrylic covers, so looks like we'll be back on track soon! crossing fingers and Roboduck offered his help in rendering the front intake shroud for the Cosmos II.

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_intake_stage3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

progress on the new bezel for CM II, this will shroud the front 480 radiator, it's made from 1.5" thick block of 6061 billet. The backside has been hollowed out, to save weight. the design was inspired by jet engine intakes

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_grill2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_grill4.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_grill7.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_alphacool_360_480_copper_radiator_ultimate_gaming_haswell_front_grill5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew was able to get back into the shop, so we can make more headway on his build. We recorded footage for Part 4 of the "Rebel A" highlight videos we've been sharing on YouTube. I'll post some screen captures this week. Here is the details on the cover created for the lower section of the Cosmos II chassis. It has two 120mm fan holes. The side air vents were taken from an old chassis I had. The fans are Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Case Fan- 1,850 rpm, 28 dba, 58.3 cfm with painted blades. The cover fastens in place with Thumbscrews

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_3.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_4.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_5.jpg

cooler_master_cosmos_2_ii_window_clear_panel_door_mnpctech_rebel2.jpg

Here is what the lower cover and Clear side panel looks like installed on the Cosmos II. It's cnc machined from .5" thick Chemcast Cast Acrylic with two 120mm fan holes with fastener holes for your own fan grills.

FrozenCPU is offering Cosmos II Clear Side Panels, with and without fan holes

cst-1403.jpg

I think it would be cool to leave the center portions of the grill intakes bare aluminum... After taping them off, a base coat of self-etching primer was applied before the Grey color coat. That was later topped with FLAT clear coat

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush1.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush2.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush3.jpg

cosmos_2_ii_coolermaster_rebel_alliance_typhoon_rear_fan_grills_mnpctech_july_airbrush4.jpg

Archived