Enigma0011: Project ColdWar (09 modding contest entry)

Enigma8750

That is one cool paint job. Great change from flames and bullet holes and skeletons. How did you get the idea? What was used to do it, aerograph or cans?

Cheers

Actually I got the Idea from another modder who did the digital Camo paint job. Since I was in the Air Force in the 80s our camo was more the woodland theme. I got the ideas for the stenciling from a 12 year old kid on youtube. He was showing how to do a woodland camo theme on his Air Rifle. So I found a really nice Scotch pine in my neighborhood and I followed the kids advice and wahlahh.. The stencil came out clean. I continued the paint theme throughout the case to make it look completely Government issue. I added the nuclear LOGO on the PSU because that is something the Military would do. Put a mini Nuclear powered psu in a computer so there would be no need for plugin ever. Any way I hope that answered your question. Ohh and I used camo Spray cans from Advance Auto Parts.

Well done , but in my opinion the PSU must be upsidedown with the fan facing downwards and therefore the PSU sucking fresh air from outside the case

Actually the computer is not a big heat monster but the PSU was set that way for the lighting only. No other reason but the look of the mod. The rest of the fans cool everything down very nicely and its just a 7750 dual core.

Congrats! Thanks for the detailed explanation and how you got the idea, great modders have no need to hide things (IMO) and tips galore, too! I hadn't been to an AAP since it was Western Auto (only automotive store in Kingsville, TX back in the early '70s when I was in college, heheh).

Best of Luck!

Cheers/Saludos

• 4 weeks later...

Archived