Scratch Mod: WAF++

Night_Flyer

Hey all

Unfortunately for me I wasn't able to spend as much time on this mod as expected. But after a long time, here is the promised update.

Here you have the first side and side panel already half way in

DSC_3188.JPG

The two sides with panels going in completely

DSC_3192.JPG

The top of the case

DSC_3198.JPG

Working on the back plate

DSC_3200.JPG

Her the back plate finished (not the actual PSU I am going to use but good enough for a model)

DSC_3220.JPG

A part of the bottom

DSC_3203.JPG

A part of the front

DSC_3220.JPG

Working on the arc for the bottom

DSC_3221.JPG

DSC_3222.JPG

Putting the front and bottom together with glue

DSC_3223.JPG

Making the negative mold for the "chapel" for the watercooling reservoir

DSC_3205.JPG

DSC_3207.JPG

After this I tried to make the "chapel" with polyester but that failed miserably since the polyester glue ate my mold. So I had to make it in wood. This set me back a few hours but here is the result

DSC_3225.JPG

Here I have the first side glued to the rest

DSC_3228.JPG

Since the holders for the reservoir are huge, ugly and don't fit my design I had to foresee a different way of mounting it

DSC_3230.JPG

Here you can see it mounted in the front. About the tube connection thingy, Yes I know it is in the middle but I still have to receive a few converter pieces to get it right

DSC_3231.JPG

In the mean while I am already working on the plate to mount the motherboard on, but I don't have pictures of it

I was first like; 'oh its just wood', but then you started finishing it, and when you introduced the reservoir, i was very pleased. Maybe you cant get it finished before the 15th, but just finish it anyway. I'll be following you. :)

Today I did quite a bit of work bit visually it looks like I did nothing, quite frustrating that is.

I finished the mounting plate for the motherboard and also glued in a part to support the pump and harddrives.

Now I just started on my "hidden" locks for the side panels. I will use magnets with metal sliders that I can manipulate from the back of the case to lock the panels or release them.

I was first like; 'oh its just wood', but then you started finishing it, and when you introduced the reservoir, i was very pleased. Maybe you cant get it finished before the 15th, but just finish it anyway. I'll be following you. :)

Ik ben blij dat dit dan toch niet een volledige teleurstelling is voor jou :)

• 3 weeks later...

I gues it's quite clear now that I didn't finish on time. But as promised the work log will go on. This post contains some progress on part and also results of an integration test.

Working on the back panel to hide the cables

DSC_3232.JPG

Making a hard drive bay that can slide in and stays put just with friction

DSC_3234.JPG

DSC_3235.JPG

These are images with al parts integrated, these gave me my first design flaw. My sata cables are to short, I will have to get some of 60cm instead of 50

DSC_3240.JPG

DSC_3243.JPG

I don't know if it is realy visible but this is my second design "flaw" A mugen doesn't fit in the case, lucky me I'm going with water cooling

DSC_3244.JPG

Here is an image that gave light to a third design flaw, I didn't leave sufficient room between the metal backplate and the side of the case. This means I will have to reduce the thickness of my sidepanel to half of what was intended. This isn't a realy issue but it will cost me a lot of time

DSC_3245.JPG

After the integration test I made a few more holes in the backplate and then spray painted all the metal parts. Of that I don't have pictures but of the next step where I glued the final side to the case I do, and here it is.

DSC_3249.JPG

This weekend I will be sanding down all the edges and then milling of all the corners with a nice arc (at least that is the plan, lets hope I find the time). When the milling is done I will try to get an update online ASAP.

Greets

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess I got it finished and as promised I would show you the end result. I won't go in to detail to much since the competition is over anyway.

Nevertheless If you have any questions or want to have a detailed photo of something, give me a sign.

Perhaps one more thing for to the more experienced modders, could anyone tell me how to get my tubes completely straight and how to get the air bubbles lose from the side of my reservoir?

Hoping to get an answer on this.

The inside of the case before the watercooling is installed

DSC_3267.JPG

Following some pictures of the finished case

DSC_3269.JPG

DSC_3270.JPG

DSC_3272.JPG

DSC_3273.JPG

Archived