Techno Junky FINISHED

DaveM

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I am finished with this little part of the build. Now to reveil the par with the glass...

Its called optical bonding. I used to work for a company that opticly bonded LCD panels. So i figured I would toss that in the mix with this build... Here it is.

20110311_5.jpg

20110311_4.jpg

20110311_3.jpg

20110311_2.jpg

20110311_1.jpg

When you put a certain type of glass with a coating on it and then add silicone layer between the glass and LCD module, then you upscale the contrast ratio making the panel easier to see by the human eye, so this is what I have done to this monitor… I urge anyone that is looking at this to not attempt to perform this since I have been trained in how to do this and if done incorrectly… Well you will mess up the monitor that you are attempting to bond.

I hope you are enjoying this build.

• 2 weeks later...

Slight delay Mod progress the ribbon wires on the back side of the LCD had started to break and i had to replace the entire wiring of the LCD module/panel to the controler board inside.... GRRRRRRRR 2 hours later got it done will have new photos up tonight of some of the progress on wiring and soldering and a few of the case itself as it moves along today.

Thanks for looking. any comments welcome

So what can one do with a pair of Windsheild wiper arms LOL they wont clean a windsheild liek this...

20110324_3.jpg

20110324_4.jpg

HHHMMM wait I got an idea...

20110324_5.jpg

messure here..

20110324_6.jpg

Hey you might think I put the picture up twice, nope just doing what my friend bob the builder says...

Messure twice and cut/drill once.

20110324_7.jpg

Yeh I know bob would have told me not to drill on a pool table also.

20110324_9.jpg

hmm floating hard dives, might be cool looking.

20110324_10.jpg

20110324_11.jpg

Oh and I have big plans for these little wonder lights...

Archived