[COMPLETED PAGE 5] MonoCase - High-End Gaming PC in the size of a popular game console

Mono

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been lurking for a while, and really looking forward to the end product. Would you be able to give us a price-up, as I'm looking to do something similar.

Cheers

Awesome! Glad you like it! Should be done withing 2 weeks. :3

I doubt you are in New Zealand so I will give a rough estimate for the whole case in USD for all the parts (I kept a list) including little hardware/screws etc.

$300 USD including the power supply and slim 120mm fan. (a bunch of leftover hardware for future projects)

Will need suitable tools. A lot of power supply modding (cable shortening (soldering iron/strippers/clippers) etc).

Best GPU to fit this case is an EVGA GTX 980 (any ACX2.0 variant). Can also fit the MiniITX cards but might as well use the space and get the EVGA.

The clear acrylic is successfully milled. Came out great.

Here's some pics, some with parts inside for demonstration (still need to do the blind holes in the side for the threaded inserts that will hold it all together with bolts):

Note: Brown protective paper is still on one side of every piece. I won't remove it until I have done all the side holes.

20150327 151350

20150327 144957

20150327 145015

20150327 145022

20150327 145710

20150327 154046

20150327 154328

20150327 154626

20150327 170739

20150327 170942

Power supply cabling is done. All at right lengths with no unnecessary cables. The heavily-outdated 24-pin ATX connector was reduced by half (only need one 3.3V and 5V wire).

This was done as there was no way all the cables of the power supply would even fit inside the case along with the components. This should fit nicely now and not obstruct airflow.

If I needed more flexibility, I could change the wires to teflon-coated type which is far more flexible.

20150329 190216

wow too small but damm its cool  cant wait for the final pics 

We'll see if it's too small when it's done. :P

I think it is fine. Designed it with thermals in mind.

Should have final pics up in a week or two. :D

We'll see if it's too small when it's done. :P

I think it is fine. Designed it with thermals in mind.

Should have final pics up in a week or two. :D

good for you .  you can estimate your rig when its done me . im still having a hard time with my rig -.-   btw cant wait for the final pics :)

Archived