58a42527de108_CMWS2017announceCMlogo_1920x490v2-1.thumb.jpg.8ce2f144a603b73ca68b1e85e68ffc51.jpg

This is the official question and answer thread for the Case Mod World Series 2017. If you have any questions about the competition you can leave them here and someone from Cooler Master will reply to you in a timely fashion.

You can also ask questions directly by sending this account a private message or emailing us at mod@coolermaster.com.tw.

*Questions in this thread should only pertain to the Case Mod World Series 2017. Any questions or replies not relevant to the competition should be placed in the appropriate topic thread.

Rules say that 

"You must not have started your mod project before July 1st, 2016."

I was thinking of entering a build i'm about to start but its using my old CM 830 Stacker case. I painted the chassis black in 2009 but case will be torn down and re-painted touched up as its pretty scratched. Does this disqualify me from entering ? case isn't modded in any other way other than a hole is drilled in motherboard tray.

This will be a new build with new parts in an old case :)

25 minutes ago, elite.ire said:

Rules say that 

"You must not have started your mod project before July 1st, 2016."

I was thinking of entering a build i'm about to start but its using my old CM 830 Stacker case. I painted the chassis black in 2009 but case will be torn down and re-painted touched up as its pretty scratched. Does this disqualify me from entering ? case isn't modded in any other way other than a hole is drilled in motherboard tray.

This will be a new build with new parts in an old case :)

You can enter under the terms you described. We would be happy to have your entry. Make sure to register on time.

8 hours ago, Modding Team said:

You can enter under the terms you described. We would be happy to have your entry. Make sure to register on time.

Thanks :), Is it also ok that i'm a moderator here?:o  i couldn't log into this account yesterday :s

16 hours ago, Francois van der Merwe said:

I need to know how you determine Tower and Scratch. I am using a old CM case, but im changing the whole setup. Only using few parts from old case. Would it be scratch build? 

If you will be completely dismantling the case and building something that doesn't resemble the case then please register for the Scratch category. If you plan on preserving the integrity of the original case then please register in the Tower category.

• 2 weeks later...

^this should probably be in the rules after my build last year.  Or at least some sort of guidelines or examples to help us make the determination. :) 

Something along the lines of changing the look by building on top of the original design is in the tower category, but using case parts(ie. tray, parts of the framework) and building a new design on top of those parts should be scratch.

Going by something like that, mine might have skated by since I used the front panels of the 130 in the final design, but at least it would be a beginning point to make a determination.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Ettore Landolfi said:

Hi to everyone,as another user asked on this forum section,i have some old material assembled for a case project,in may of 2016.The project was aborted for other problems and i want to reuse it for starting a project for the 2017 competition.its possible?

If you are using the materials for a completely new project and will be starting a completely new worklog then yes you can enter. Please make sure to register before the deadline on March 31st (this Friday).

Archived