D0liveira - SP4RCESHIP

D0liveira

Hi Brothers,
I want to show you something really amazing that I'm creating right now. It's my FIRST SCRATCH PROJECT
BUILD, as required by the script.=}
The name of the project is SP4RCESHIP, which is the translation of "NAVE ESPACIAL". The 4R listed in the project name makes
mention the four most important people in my life: Rosana (wife), Raquel, Rafaella and Rebecca (daughters).

The project will be based on metrics, as follows:
- Concept: Futuristic spaceship with upper window on canvas to show the “crew members”. The ship will move in a “landing” and “takeoff” motion, with ARGB(addressable RGB) light effects. The project color will be matte medium dark grey. The idea is to have the project in a horizontal position(about 40 degrees) and rest in a vertical position.
- Size: The project as a whole will have a length between 60 and 70 centimeters, a total width of 35 to 45 centimeters and a height of 15 to 25 centimeters. These measurements will be defined when the hardware and equipment are assembled in the project.
- Construction materials: MDF wood, Metalon(Steel), Gel Coat, Fiberglass, Acrylic, Styrofoam, aluminum screen.

Below is a sketch of the design that will be the basis for building the project (sorry for the LoL design)

Arte_Sp4rceship.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following updates, I will post all components of the computer.

Cooler Master Brazil supports my project with the components:

- PSU: CM G700 Gold - 80 Plus Gold;

- WC: CM Masterliquid ML360 Mirror TR4;

- Fan: Sickleflow 200 ARGB + Masterfan MF120R ARGB;

The other components:

- MB Asus Zenith Extreme TR4;

- CPU AMD Threadripper 2990WX;

- RAM 32GB DDR4 TeamGroup Tforce Delta RGB;

- SSD HyperX Predator 500GB + SSD TeamGroup Carder II 256GB;

- VGA Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1050 2GB;

- LED Strip ARGB;

Hello everybody,
Following the post, I will show how I idealized the project format and how I modeled it. To create the structure big enough to accommodate all the hardware I used a cardboard box, pencil, ruler and blade, in addition to the hardware pieces to measure and measure the space needed.
To create the shape of the nave, I used styrofoam board used in civil construction, glue, plastic straws and a blade for modeling and cutting, as well as sandpaper to smooth the finish.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

I had difficulties when gluing the styrofoam, because the glue alone did not work. Using the plastic straws I had more success. The modeling was very laborious, probably more than 40 hours were used to achieve the desired format. At this stage of the project I couldn't build and take pictures, so I recorded the whole process. The photos above are prints of the execution of this process so far.

Styrofoam brings a long modeling capacity to any type of art, I really enjoyed using this material for large pieces. One experience I've had with this type of work was modeling car parts. A few years ago in Brazil, many cars were built in fiberglass and the process of creating many parts was through molds created in Styrofoam, as well as clay and other reusable materials.

In the next process, we use EPS resin (polyurethane) to cover the entire structure of the ship. This process is necessary as it guarantees that the Styrofoam piece will not fall apart when applying fiberglass resin with catalyst (solvent based).

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

Edited by D0liveira

In this step, we start the lamination with catalyzed resin and fiberglass. Throughout the nave, 4 layers of fiber blanket were used, and at some points it was necessary to place the fifth layer to improve the structure. One of the big problems I faced was related to the result of working so many days with fiberglass, with regard to itching, and referring to the resin that made me very sick due to not having the appropriate mask equipment to use. I got sick after this process and couldn't work on the project for almost 3 weeks. Looking at the worklog up to this exact point, I am proud to have completed the project (as will be seen later), but I thought I would not finish it because when I was sick I thought I had COVID-19 and I was surprised with an anxiety attack that did not turn into depression because very little. Everything happened at once, but I had faith and little patience, I continued.

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

82.jpg

IMG_20221015_152924068.jpg

IMG_20221015_152929966.jpg

IMG_20221015_152939500.jpg

IMG_20221102_150149867.jpg

In this step, I preassembled the hardware and marked all the cuts and holes, and I had everything ready. I used the power of light on the fiber to identify the holes and access cut points. An old chassis was used to remove the mobo tray to receive our ZENITH EXTREME in the future.

IMG_20221104_091454087.jpg

IMG_20221104_092057731.jpg

IMG_20221104_101927908.jpg

IMG_20221104_114431564.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

IMG_20221104_102818392.jpg

IMG_20221104_142054885.jpg