V8 CM 09 Mod Contest Worklog

bigbazz

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cut tubes, would they be the pistons? Good so see you back in action, mate.Will be waiting to see the outcome of your ideas, promise?

Cheers/Saludos

Promise :D

The cut tubes arent the pistons but the next few images should give you an idea of where they will be going. The reservoirs are going to be the pistons. Anyways time for an update the piston housing for the non windowed side is nearly complete just waiting on the glue for the exhaust part to go off and then ill upload some more pictuers

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

After being primed and Chromed up

DSC00590.jpg

Added the top part

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

Thats all for the moment :D

Hey, hey.. a 4 in-line! Like I mentioned, car themes are really popular this year (no just here) and besides kidding about a car-theme run-off (well, there are certainly enough), I have seen some very daring and ingenious mods here.

Must be that we luv our rides! I just hope that the auto industry doesn't consolidate any more and we loose more brands, IMO.

Question Big, any brand in particular for your theme? Daring and ingenious indeed, is your mod! (I'm talking like Yoda and T'ealc!)

Cheers/Saludos

Hey, hey.. a 4 in-line! Like I mentioned, car themes are really popular this year (no just here) and besides kidding about a car-theme run-off (well, there are certainly enough), I have seen some very daring and ingenious mods here.

Not quite an inline 4 just one side remember its gonna be a V8 :D

Question Big, any brand in particular for your theme? Daring and ingenious indeed, is your mod! (I'm talking like Yoda and T'ealc!)

Cheers/Saludos

I didnt have a particular brand in mind when I started I figured Blue Black and SIlver looks good together and running with gigabyte and intel gear the theme is somewhat carried on inside the case. However a friend of mine did point our that those colours were the same as ford performance vehicles (something I had not realised and probably wouldve gone with something different as I'm more of a holden person) :P

Anyhow the Inline 4 has had some more work done to it

DSC00599.jpg

Attached the exhaust piping

DSC00604.jpg

Finished attaching the angle to the fillet pieces

DSC00605.jpg

Attached the brackets

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

This pic sort of shows how the box will sit on the side panel just rotate it 90 degrees in your mind :P

Bad news however the piping attached to the box didnt hold as well as hoped so im probably going to have to come up with a new way to secure it to the sides so back to the drawing board

Thanks for the support and stopping by :D

Sorry, you're right, that was only half of the "engine" and ouch!! with the exhaust pipes. I think the "Ford Blue" and silver, look cool (had a mod with those colors).

I clearly see where the other half goes, good bracing there.

BTW, is Holden only made in Australia? Only seen the brand there and some stray exports in Asia.

Well, got to get to my project too, less than 20 days, flies by fast!

Cheers and Saludos

Great entry nice work log personally i would have went silver and black? but thats me still looks great

Nicky

Thanks for the support I must say I do like your mod also its very sharp :)

Well that colour scheme would work but I havent seen too many black or silver lights and its not truely a mod unless it has some form of bling lighting :P

Archived