**Voting is now opened** 2009 Modding Contest

Guest yAu

Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should the CM Modding Contest 09 submission deadline be extended from 09/20/09 to 09/30/09?

• Yes
    • No

Hmmm, nicky and Masbuscado the "can of worms"-farming (now I know what it means). All I can say is that new registrants vote with/under the tenets of the CM contest rules:

The judging criteria should be as followed:

* Complexity of Mod

* Design

* Overall Look

* Innovativeness

I got dragged into this the last time and I still feel some of the kicks in my pants seat from that yet.

Also, is it allowed for one to vote for yourself in this contest? I've seen it in some other places and feel that it is plain weird!

And nicky, compliments are given on the spur of the moment, usually over a great part done, not necessarily on the overall project (your waterblocks for example) and yes, I (we?) have to admit that there are some super projects out there that are awesome and it would be like voting who has the better brand: Lamborghini or Maserati or Ferrari? It is a matter of taste, granted but it is still a tuffy, depends on who you ask really. BTW, how are you doing with the weather? Take care bro.

What should not affect the vote is personal feelings (another tuffy, like going into a boxing match with your closest buddy) and the mod should be analyzed with a cold eye (fat chance for a lot of us). In Mexico we are soooo sentimental that it is pitiful!

Food for thought?

Cheers and Saludos

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like it or not, this is a popularity contest. It is all about gathering popular support for your case mod. You could all agree to not advertise for votes but that won't stop friends and family from doing it for you...and they will.

Similar to any election, we cannot disqualify someone because he/she ask others to vote for him/her as long as no benefits are involved.

Therefore, you can also post links to your worklogs to encourage potential voters for your mods, of course with no benefits involved in the process.

So you can either "encourage" votes and possibly win or just sit back and enjoy the show. LOL

I'm not going to do it but that's for personal reasons or maybe because I'm just too lazy. :mrgreen:

Archived