Project: Mission - 2009 Mod Contest Entry - Completed

Jeffrey Stephenson

Aha! So you backtracked on me, heheh. Remember I asked if you were going to add a facia to your dvd? And you told me about your trade mark..... Well, I have to admit that you did a bang up job on the facia, Kudos! Mission with the final touch.

Just to let you know that I too am re-doing the Ovni but this is a major overhaul becuase I just did not like how I finished it in the end. I know, I have to plan out better the steps but I can't catch up with you that fast! Oh, I just have to comment that I got the mini-itx bug from you. My son is bringing down a Zotac 9300 G-E (socket 775 to a core 2 quad 9650 and a slot for a full length video card (5970?)). I will have to add modest components little by little because wow, it is expensive! So the next time I am going small and ecological.

Do they let previous winners compete the next time? I don't see that they come back. Great to see you again, and of all places here, heheh. I guess it feels fuzzy to come back where you got your laurels.

Cheers and Saludos

P.d. Thanks for the link to the Intel Contest. Best of luck!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vote registered

Thank you for voting for the world's coolest custom. Winners of the Intel® Core™ i7 Custom Desktop Challenge will be announced on December 14, 2009. You have successfully voted for Mission by slipperyskip

I hope you win this contest too.... :cheers:

Good luck !!!!!

I'll still be dropping by for friends like both of you Golden boys!!! Nice one Jeffrey!!!howdy Mike! It's will be a very busy December!!!

OMG, brother sunny (Toni? You never told us for sure). Glad to see you here seeing Jeffrey's comment. I guess that the CMSCC is hardier than what we supposed, heheh. I saw the Intel Mod contest but Mexico was not included. As a matter of fact, the countries involved where a little funny too. For example in Europe France, Germany, Spain and Italy were not included and in the Scandinavian countries they left out Finland and Denmark. In Asia just Japan-Latin America was left out completely! A member from my Mexican forum wrote a letter to Intel and they answered:

Hello Mr. Moreno,

Thank you for your question regarding the competition running in Latin America. Unfortunately, we could only run it in a limited number of countries and we hope that with future competitions we can look to expand into other countries, including countries from Latin America.

Regards,

Emil

Well, atleast they answered promptly. The thing about this contest is that the 1st prize winner takes $1,500 usd! Yes in cash! That is a first for me! We have to pay more attention to THIS type of contest, I could sure use it, heheh.

Vote registered

Thank you for voting for the world's coolest custom. Winners of the Intel® Core™ i7 Custom Desktop Challenge will be announced on December 14, 2009. You have successfully voted for Mission by slipperyskip

I hope you win this contest too.... :cheers:

Good luck !!!!!

Tino my friend, dropped by to show your respects to the President elect of the CMSCMC?!!! :wink: Good to see you and we are still waiting for your updates over at the other place. See you at the finish line, I hope.

Later Amigos, Take Care and Keep in Touch!

Thanks guys! I appreciate your support. I wish the contest was open to more countries. Maybe next year.

I really like the format of the contest. It is mostly a judged competition with an additional People's Choice portion to let everyone participate. Makes sense to me. Their photo sizes suck badly. I sent them 5MP photos and they post something that looks more like an avatar. LOL

You guys take care. Maybe we'll meet up at Asgneto's in 2016 for the Olympic Case Modding Competition. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the continued success of the Mission, now at the Intel Core Custom Challenge for "Digital Living", well, I mean on your thread here to let the folks know that they voted correctly for you here, heheh.

Congrats!

Cheers and Saludos

Archived