CypriUm - TUWLC (CM '09 Modding Contest Entry)

masbuskado

CypriUm - The Ultimate Water Loop Case by masbuskado

cyprium_build09.jpg

In Greek the metal was known by the name chalkos (χαλκός). Copper was a very important resource for the Romans, Greeks and other ancient peoples. In Roman times, it became known as aes Cyprium (aes being the generic Latin term for copper alloys such as bronze and other metals, and Cyprium because so much of it was mined in Cyprus). From this, the phrase was simplified to cuprum, hence the English copper. Copper was associated with the goddess Aphrodite/Venus in mythology and alchemy, owing to its lustrous beauty, its ancient use in producing mirrors, and its association with Cyprus, which was sacred to the goddess. In astrology, alchemy the seven heavenly bodies known to the ancients were associated with seven metals also known in antiquity, and Venus was assigned to copper.

The Plan

Build the ultimate and most innovative Water Cooling system ever seen.

Over time I have seen all the components of a computer change periodically, since the introduction of the water cooling system has been poorly updated. So I decided to create my own Water Cooling System "CypriUm - The Ultimate Water Loop Case".

I'll use the same measures as a Full ATX Case and I'll follow the Water Cooling traditional parameters, using 1/2" copper pipes, radiator, reservoir, water blocks (CPU and GPU) and hoses, the difference will be the integration of these components with the design of the case.

Things that I want to accomplish:

- Custom Made Reservoir (Not like the Original Plan but better)

- Custom Water Loop (Done)

- Less Tubing – More AirFlow (Done)

- Less Cable (Done)

- Unique Shape (Done)

Sub-Mods

#1 PSU - Mod (Done)

#2 Graphic Card Mod (Done)

#3 SATA Sleeving (Done)

#4 120mm Case Fan Mod (Done)

#5 Custom Power Button (Done)

Cu = Copper = CypriUm

The Materials

- 1/2" Copper Pipes

- 1/2" Copper Ts

- 1/2" 45° Copper Elbows

- 1/2" 90° Copper Elbows

- 1/2" Acrylyc Tube (3)

- 1/2" Fittings (6)

- Double 120mm Radiator (1)

- Pump (1)

- CPU and GPU Water Block

- 6' of Hose

- Acrylic Sheet 30"x28 (2)

- Pipe Cutter

- Bernzomatic Propane

- Bernzomatic Welding Rods

- Clear Epoxy

- Fiberglass Resin and Hardener

- 140mm Case Fan (1)

- 120mm Case Fan (3)

- Bright Orange LEDs (16)

- Hex Mesh (2)

- Pennies (2)

S5008483.jpg

S5008484.jpg

S5009194.jpg

S5009195.jpg

S5009196.jpg

S5009197.jpg

S5009503.jpg

S5009504.jpg

video:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Change to Flickr & open a free account to repost or if not to Imageshack, with all its problems if you haven't used it

Great idea, hope you can finish on time as I know you are more advanced in your project than shown here. Lots of luck!

Cheers

Change to Flickr & open a free account to repost or if not to Imageshack, with all its problems if you haven't used it

Great idea, hope you can finish on time as I know you are more advanced in your project than shown here. Lots of luck!

Cheers

What happens was that I have a Pro account on photobucket but I have to renewal that acc and I decide not to, because I have my own private server right now and I move all my pics from photobucket to my own server so now am good to go!!!

Thanks!!! yeah this baby is completed but I have to do some minor change for the competition!!! :D

Warp!!!

After two long months stuck in the laboratory developing this project, my site, my shop, my forum, the case modding magazine and other projects such as Orion Pax and C5C, I decided to come back and finish this project.

First: Build the Water Loop!

S5000059.jpg

S5000060.jpg

S5000061.jpg

S5000062.jpg

S5000063.jpg

S5000066.jpg

Second: Build the Rad into the Loop!

S5000068.jpg

S5000069.jpg

"This design includes a gravitational point in the center so it does not lean forward"

S5000070.jpg

S5000071.jpg

S5000072.jpg

S5000073.jpg

We all know that copper has an appearance of aging that is why I decided to sand it a little bit to get a shiny surface.

S5000074.jpg

S5000075.jpg

S5000081.jpg

S5000083.jpg

S5000084.jpg

First Look of the Ultimate Water Loop Case!

S5000261.jpg

S5000260.jpg

Archived