[project] i-spider, a stacker mod.

_ferry_

Now that you mention it and I look closer, you're right. That video card is massive. :)

As I'll be using nF4, I'm a bit concerned about cooling it. I'll probably be using an ASUS board, either the Deluxe or Premium version. I like the passive heatpipe cooler on the Premium, but that may be the wrong northbridge cooling setup to use with a single 80mm exhaust fan.

Swapping one PCIe 1x for a 4x and the replacement of an active northbridge cooler for a passive one seems to be all that differs from the two, and the 4x slot is likely to be blocked by anything sane on your video card anyway..

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing about the epox board witch could be better IMHO is the Vmem, it goes to 3,1v. Not enough for my BH5. But the functions are nice, like the status led's and a VU-meter.

The chipset cooler is good, it doesn't produce much noise, but there isn't enough space for a blue ice for example.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, bit the primary PSU is switching a relay. When that relay is closed, the 2'nd PSU will be powered uo. There is also a switch parralel over the relay so the 2'nd PSu can be powered up without powering up the primary one. The 2'n is only for lights and fan's.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks good.. whats those uv blue individual cables?

Bought them somewhere at a hardware show, but might A.C. Ryan should be able to supply them, not 100% shure. I used them for the ATX powerconnector, still want to do the same with the 4pin power connector.

BTW, Coolermaster casemod contest is almost done, so within a few weeks i hope to post new updates.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived