[project] i-spider, a stacker mod.

_ferry_

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, i don't know for shure when i can show a new update. Because i've Got a urgent modding job with a deadline at 14 September. (Yes, i's a job for a company ).

That's going to be quite a race against time. So only when i realy want to mod something on i-spider, or when i should waith on products i will spend my time on i-spider.

I can tell you that i'm working on the spider legs, because i need to get a idea of how large the spider is gonna be. Creating that spider will take quite some inventions, idea's and should look realy Sci-Fi offcourse. So when i made a leg i can start drawning and thinking if the spider itself.

Well, here's the update

I've made a test/prototype of a spider leg.

full.jpg

I like the fake air cilinder below, i should find some lego air tube to make it even more realistic. I've polished the moving part, i think i should paint the lower part black of it. The legs themselves look good with the brushed look i think.

full.jpg

full.jpg

Note the dangerous looking saw. I'ts even dangerous! That's why i decided to mount it on the upper leg, to prevent making damage with those sharp teeth. It's been cut out a 7meters long RVS saw (those rotating ones)

full.jpg

full.jpg

Now i've finished one i can start thinking about the exact dimensions, work some ideas out (some would love to see the spider moving) and that kind of stuff.

Guest Mindless Moron

they look fun, i was gonna post a suggestion for your legs, but when you said you were doing legs i thought in proportion to the case, so i thought you meant full load bearing, but i like those little legs they're much cooler.

It's not a casemod update, but a hardware update.

With thanks to XFX i'm now a proud owner of a GF6800 ultra 256MB.

Offcourse i installed it direct (so cable's arn't tidy) and it made a nice score of 5700 in 3dm05 standard. Now time to find a good watercooling blok. I was quite supprised by the amount of heat coming off. the air witch is coming out the front fan's is not cool anymore ;)

Actually the hardware is almost complete, i only want to get some more discspace, a good soundcard (the onboard one realy sucks) and a dvd-rw.

Well, here some pics of my new toy.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Guest Mindless Moron

yes yes ferry that is proper bling.

that really is a nice mod, and huzzah for your mean lean overclocking machine.unfortunatly the best block for your ultra i belive only is avaialbe with lucite top.

Archived